[LVS] January 24th, 2015 pre-meeting agenda

[LVS] January 24th, 2015 pre-meeting agenda

Postby Suzie » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:25 pm

Hi everyone,

The next council meeting will be held at my spawn base on 24th January at 20:00 GMT (8:00pm UK time).

I will be chairing the meeting and will try to keep it down to 2 hours. Recent meetings have been running to 3 hours, which is a very long time to sit in a mine cart. I will provide something a bit more comfortable to sit on, but ask that all players respect the following guidelines:

- Please raise any topics that you want discussed in advance of the meeting on this thread. We can only spare a limited amount of time for new topics under 'any other business'.

- Please can non-council members avoid spamming the chat with private conversations, or by comments that do not help resolve the topic being discussed. It is very difficult for council members to discuss a topic when the chat is full of spam comments.

- Please only discuss one topic at a time. Please do not discuss unrelated topics whilst an agenda item is being discussed. It is best to save your topics for 'any other business' at the end, or raise them as agenda items for the next meeting.

- Please do not wear armor or thongs during meetings with the exception of leather or chain mail.

My base does not have any entrances, so hopefully a warp will be setup to facilitate access.

Hopefully there will be a great turnout like other recent meetings.

kind regards,
Suzie

Agenda

Guardian Notifications (these are not open for discussion) - 10 mins
- Nether roof closure (zedwick)
- Restriction of horse usage (zedwick)
- Anything else that zed and LB want to clarify or notify us about

Discussion Items (1.5 hours - proposed max 6 topics):

1. Warps
- Ex Hills to become zedling only warp (zedwick)
- Savannah warp to be removed once rail-link is completed (zedwick)
- Zedling only warp hall proposal (JayWalker) - please see comment by zed on this thread

2. End shops (Suzie)
- closure date for End shops
- construction of new End shops

3. Council elections (Danny)
- Danny's voting proposal

4. Non-zedling nether access (Dax)

5. Server wide treasure hunt (Dax)

6. Easter events (Flipje2Go)

AOB - Council topics (proposed max 3 items) - 15 mins

AOB - non-Council topics (proposed max 3 items) - 15 mins

You can message me with AOB items during the meeting and I will add these to the AOB agenda on a first come first served basis. Please do not spam the chat with new items, it will just delay inclusion of your item on the agenda.
Last edited by Suzie on Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Suzie
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: Suzie1

Re: [LVS] January 24th, 2015 pre-meeting agenda

Postby ProducerDanny » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:56 am

I guess I'll tell Memery the bad news...
ProducerDanny

Minecraft IGN: ProducerDanny

Postby ProducerDanny » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:40 pm

Also, I'm sending my apologies.

I will be working during the meeting, and will not be back online til maybe 1am.
ProducerDanny

Postby Memery » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:27 pm

Well then, that's rude. I will wear my shame leggings as usual :P

Loving the organisation Suzie!

Election results are in for forest hills mayor, and should we start mayor campaigns for swamp and savhannah warps. That is all for now
Without trousers, you can enjoy life a lot more. Wearing a "thong" is just a comfort thing ...
Memery
Zriend

Minecraft IGN: Memery

Postby Zedwick » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:11 am

I think it may be time to retire the Extreme Hills warp to Zedling only, as it is quite built up and a tad confusing for new folk just looking for wilderness. Which means the Savannah will be retired to Nether Hub only, and a new warp will soon be added for a brand new area. Could organise further events for the opening there, along with a mayor from the very start.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
Zedwick
Guardian

Minecraft IGN: Zedwick

Postby Jaywalker7 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:02 am

Zedwick wrote:I think it may be time to retire the Extreme Hills warp to Zedling only, as it is quite built up and a tad confusing for new folk just looking for wilderness. Which means the Savannah will be retired to Nether Hub only, and a new warp will soon be added for a brand new area. Could organise further events for the opening there, along with a mayor from the very start.

Hey Zed, I imagine that this has been brought up before, but what if the warp area was extended so that there were more warps? Or, what if one of the warps was a warp to a zedling only "warp hall" of sorts that held all of the phased-out warps? This way warps wouldn't have to be retired and fade into oblivion.
Kind of a crazy idea, but just a thought!
EDIT: After thinking about it, this may cause the server to lag more. Maybe not the greatest idea then...

I'll try my best to attend the meeting, but I may have an existing commitment. If I can't make it, good luck guys!

-Jay
P.S. A mayor from the start is a very good idea!
Jaywalker7

Minecraft IGN: Jaywalker7

Postby Dax23333 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:14 pm

I second Jaywalkers proposal for a bigger warp area. I do not think they need to cause lag. Not sure about zedwicks new style of warp, but the old one can be done with a single command block under the pressure plate at each end. Each has a tp command inside. And that is the limit of my knowledge about how to use them. Were there any warps before the jungle warp?

I will be able to make the meeting, but please don't let it overrun as much as last time.

I would like to discuss a possible server wide treasure hunt that I would like to do, involving dungeon conquering and exploration and things. Like Memerys (amazing and quite difficult) scavenger hunt at the new warp. But with more danger, dungeons and such things that go with that.

I would also like to discuss Non-Zedling nether access. At the moment any portal someone places will almost certainly connect to a preexisting nether tunnel portal. I propose a portal into a remote part of the nether so non zedlings can access it to obtain netherwart, soul sand, nether bricks and fight the mobs there.
Last edited by Dax23333 on Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dax23333
Zriend

Minecraft IGN: Dax23333

Postby ProducerDanny » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:21 am

Although I'm not there, I would like a quick discussion on the voting changes I suggested.

The poll seems to suggest its not popular but a quick check online wouldnt hurt. If clarification, or simplification is needed, ask me :)
ProducerDanny

Postby pkdennis » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:47 pm

I won't be able to make the meeting due to personal reasons, but i'd like to kickstart the idea machine to produce any easter idea's: For example:

What biome? : (flower forest, plains, etc.), i have many biomes hooked up to the Unity town hub and are happy to let most of them be utilised as Event area.
Whats the theme? : (building theme, blocks, patterns)
Who wants to be build what? : (plot building, co building)

Greetings Flipje2Go
If a chicken would bake a pie, what would it taste like?
pkdennis

Minecraft IGN: Flipje2Go

Postby Suzie » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:18 am

Hi all,

Unfortunately, I haven't had time to build a council chamber because I have been so busy in the End Shop, so the council meeting will now take place in my bedroom. I only had space for 8 single beds and 4 double beds, so some council members will have to share a bed. If more than 16 council members turn up then we could have 3 to a bed. There are also 8 beds in the public gallery for non-council members.

My bedroom has a security guard that is very fussy about people placing or breaking blocks. If you have a banner please can you give it to me before 8:00pm and indicate which bed you want and I will put your banner next to the bed. You are free to share a bed with anyone you like, and to swap bed partners during the meeting, but you wont be able to move your banner during the meeting.

I hope everyone enjoys the slumber party.

best wishes,
Suzie
Suzie
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: Suzie1

Next

Return to General Discourse