[LVS] The Zedling Council

Re: [LVS] The Zedling Council

Postby HOMINIX » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:22 am

I wasn't there to see any of the insults during the meeting, but I really really hope you reconsider, Suzie.. You are a valuable voice in the community and have been for a long time. I wish I had been there to try to cool things down (still fuzzy on the details). Bottom line, council meetings shouldn't devolve into bitterness and hostility. We should make an effort to demand that each council member is a role model for other players when discussing issues. No council member should stoop to insulting others. I think it would be good to have a topic concerning council member expectations. Again, Suzie... I really hope to see you back :)
Mayor of Savannah Springs
HOMINIX
Zriend

Minecraft IGN: HOMINIX

Postby Forseth » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:47 am

I just read through my recent post here and realized it sounds a bit offensive. Its not meant to be offensive so I apologize if you were offended.
May the Forseth be with you
Forseth
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: Forseth

Postby OneEyedTurtle » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:59 pm

Hello!
I can't find the pre meeting agenda for the first meeting of 2016, but i'm pretty sure I wont be able to come -( I might be able to attend via minechat, but i'm not positive, I might not be able to attend at all.
“Nothing and no one is perfect. It just takes a good eye to find those hidden imperfections.”
― Daphne Delacroix
OneEyedTurtle

Minecraft IGN: OneEyedTurtle

Postby ThatNurd » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:14 pm

I'm not gonna be able to attend tonight due to crappy computer syndrome as my computer doesn't even turn on... I'm writing this on my phone

NEVER MIND
I will be able to attend... I hope
ThatNurd

Minecraft IGN: ThatNurd

Postby HOMINIX » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:06 am

There has been an update to the Zedwork Council Regulations as of January 2nd, 2016:

Zedwork Council Regulations

Expectations/Responsibilities of the Council:

All Council Members are expected to abide by these codes. The codes are are enforced by the Host of the meeting, and the Council itself. If any of these codes are violated during a meeting, the Host is obligated to warn the violating member or issue a strike against them (in exception of codes with mandatory pre-strike warnings) The Council Code of Conduct is enforced with a Two-Strike Policy. Once a member receives their second strike, they will be removed from the Council. The Council may vote to remove a member's strike if they wish to forgive/pardon a member's actions (if the member has shown remorse for their violation, and indicates they will not violate the Code of Conduct again) or if the Council disagrees with the Host's decision to issue the strike. The recipient of the strike may raise a topic during the next meeting to apologize and ask the Council to vote if they wish to appeal the strike.

Expectations/Responsibilities of the Host:

The Host is responsible for maintaining order during the meeting, and is expected to use their judgement and work with the rest of the Council to enforce the Code of Conduct. The Host is responsible for issuing warnings and/or strikes if a member violates one of the codes below:

Zedwork Council Code of Conduct

1) All Council members shall follow all server rules, and are generally expected to act as model community members. Council members shall discuss topics in a respectful and civil manner. Any targeted insults or negative comments toward other members or guests will not be tolerated.

2) Council members are expected to focus on the topics at hand, and are encouraged to guide members back on topic if the conversation starts to wander or to move things along if the conversation starts to stagnate.

3) Disruptive or annoying behavior such as making multiple entities, (firing several arrows or constantly dropping items) annoying other members, or generally being disruptive during the meeting is highly discouraged. The Host most issue a warning to the disruptive member first, but if this behavior is continued, a strike may be issued by the Host.

If you have any questions or proposed amendments to the current Code of Conduct, please post them in this thread
HOMINIX
Zriend

Postby LadyBountiful » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:23 pm

Thank you Hominix.
LadyBountiful
Guardian

Minecraft IGN: LadyBountiful

Postby ThatNurd » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:45 pm

I'm sorry SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much but I think I won't be able to attend the meeting again ;(

I really appologise, I hope I'll be able to attend the one after today D;
ThatNurd

Minecraft IGN: ThatNurd

Not here for the meeting.

Postby Forseth » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:14 pm

Hey! Didn't find a pre-meeting topic for the council meeting so I'll just post it here. I'm going to Austria (correct me If I spell it wrong) to go skiing and thus wont be able to be on the meeting.

Ill be back on 28/2 and so I will miss the release of 1.9 aswell. Good luck with that!
May the Forseth be with you
Forseth
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: Forseth

Postby boeftim » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:20 pm

could anybody post somting about the next counil meeting?
boeftim

Minecraft IGN: boeftim

Postby HOMINIX » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:32 pm

Sorry about that, here you go, boeftim!

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1956
HOMINIX
Zriend

PreviousNext

Return to General Discourse