The New Update!!

Re: The New Update!!

Postby Zedwick » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:09 am

Try digiex. It allows you to run multiple versions and doesn't mess with your main install of Minecraft.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
Zedwick
Guardian

Minecraft IGN: Zedwick

Postby Futurady » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:44 pm

Just as a quick note to downgrading ect. What I personally do is copy my minecraft folder and rename to old version. Then update your current client and play away, all you need to do is a quick rename to get the old version back. Once you no longer need it just delete and continue using the new version. Hey presto, no need for invasive programs to roll back your client :)
Futurady

Minecraft IGN: Futurady

Postby GoldyBee » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:59 pm

ok, so in the end i figured out i can use the desktop since it hasn't been updated yet. problem is it keeps closing itself at random points so i can't get any solid work done on the halloween game. :/ I may be able to get it all finished in one go tomorrow if i just keep at it though, but if not, the games may have to be canceled...
anyway, i've given up on downgrading minecraft on my laptop. It's nice being able to explore my old world with new add-ons to it. almost like it's a new world. ^_^ will see ye on the server tomorrow. laters~
GoldyBee

Minecraft IGN: GoldyBee

Postby AwsomeG2 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:03 pm

Your desktop sounds like it's running out of ram
AwsomeG2
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: AwsomeG2

Postby GoldyBee » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:04 pm

probably but i dunno how to fix that and to make things worse, my little sister has her halloween break so i can't get on the desktop. >x( I probably have to cancel the game, will tell ye here tomorrow or get giga to tell ye. :(
GoldyBee

Postby Futurady » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:37 pm

Wouldn't it be possible to do as I said in my previous post. Put your desktop version onto a memory card and replace the updated version on the laptop?
Futurady

Minecraft IGN: Futurady

Postby AwsomeG2 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:23 pm

Futurady wrote:Wouldn't it be possible to do as I said in my previous post. Put your desktop version onto a memory card and replace the updated version on the laptop?

If you knew what you were doing then ya, That would work.
AwsomeG2
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: AwsomeG2

Postby Zedwick » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:41 pm

I took the following little guide from here: http://www.minecraftmine.org/how-to-dow ... minecraft/

Download a clean Minecraft 1.3.2 Jar file: http://bit.ly/PVWHRK
    Type %appdata% into the start menu
    Open .minecraft folder
    Open the bin folder
    rename the current Minecraft.jar file to Minecraft-1.4.2.jar
    Paste in the Minecraft 1.3.2 jar file
    Done

I have not tested this, as I have a Mac :P And also with 1.3.2 still installed, as I never upgraded. But by the comments, the site seems reputable. Follow the above and you should be able to downgrade to 1.3.2 pretty easily, though do so at your own risk.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
Zedwick
Guardian

Minecraft IGN: Zedwick

Postby GoldyBee » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:34 pm

AwsomeG2 wrote:
Futurady wrote:Wouldn't it be possible to do as I said in my previous post. Put your desktop version onto a memory card and replace the updated version on the laptop?

If you knew what you were doing then ya, That would work.

and i have no idea what i'm doing :b
i'll give what you said a try zed. ^_^ if it doesn't work i'm afraid the game will be canceled though. :/
GoldyBee

Postby Jaber9 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:43 am

I'm psyched for this new update! Is there a time estimate on how much longer it will take?
Jaber9

Minecraft IGN: Jaber9

PreviousNext

Return to General Discourse