[Zz] A Server Rollback

[Zz] A Server Rollback

Postby Zedwick » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:30 pm

A little over an hour ago The new server, impressively, ran out of disk space. This has, unfortunately, caused a lot of damage to Zurvival. One of our Zestygames took issue with the new java environment, and complained. It complained so much, that it managed to fill its log file with 342GB of its whinging in just 30 minutes. This has been compounded by my oversight in properly setting up the backups following our server migration on Monday. I had corrected the oversight just a few hours prior to this event, but had unfortunately not yet taken the server offline to perform a backup.

As a consequence of this, I have decided to roll back Zurvival to Monday the 25th of November. I'm sorry to say this means anything you have done between then and now will have been undone.

The offending Zestygame, PocketUHC, has been sent to the naughty step. You're not to talk to it, and it has been taken out of the list of available Zestygames until I can sort it out.

I'm sorry for the trouble, I've already seen a few of you on to "enjoy" the "nostalgia" of getting to repeat the last few days. I hope you've not lost too much!

Additional note: LVS is not yet on the new hardware, and has not been affected by this event.
Last edited by Zedwick on Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added note to clarify that LVS has not been affected.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
Zedwick
Guardian

Minecraft IGN: Zedwick

Return to General Discourse