[LVS] Council pre-meeting Agenda (Dec 26th)

[LVS] Council pre-meeting Agenda (Dec 26th)

Postby Spectatre » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:51 pm

Boxing day meeting!

Notes from previous: https://zedwork.co.uk/wiki/Latest_Notes

Topics, apologies, post them below

---
In this meeting, council will be endorsing candidates for the new mayor of Savannah Springs! If you wish to state your interest in running for mayor, post in the forum thread here: https://zedwork.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3424
---
Last minute edit: Because Mayoral elections is a multi-step process, here's the relevant section from the wiki to do with what's happening this meeting!
"Council will vote to endorse candidates to run for mayor from the list of interested parties. A candidate must receive two endorsements from council members to be allowed to stand in the public vote. If the candidate is on the council, they cannot endorse themselves. Council members are not required to endorse any interested party. If a candidate has received two endorsements from council members, they cannot be endorsed further. The meeting host must ask each council member in-turn to message them privately with their endorsement, council members are reminded they do not have to endorse anyone. This is to prevent spam voting and confusion over endorsements. If the meeting host is a potential candidate, another impartial party must instead collect the endorsement votes.

Once the candidates have been endorsed, the mayoral election will begin. A forum poll will be set up, unless only 1 candidate is in the running, in which there is no need. This allows forum users to vote for the mayor they want to elect. Any Zedling, Zesty or Zriend can vote. The candidate with the most votes will be officially appointed at the next council meeting."

TL;DR, this meeting, council members will privately endorse candidates out of those who registered interest in the forum thread. Endorsing a candidate is optional. Any candidate receiving two endorsements will proceed to the 'public' vote, to be posted in the forum after the meeting.
Last edited by Spectatre on Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spectatre
Zriend

Minecraft IGN: Spectatre

Re: [LVS] Council pre-meeting Agenda (Dec 26th)

Postby SooprJ » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:22 pm

I might be out of town doing Christmassy things, so I might not make it to this one! Good luck y'all!
SooprJ

Minecraft IGN: SooprJ

Postby Neytan269 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:20 pm

I would like to speak about some Mayoral election situations that should happen if no one nominated themselves. And in situation when election is happening in time when new warp should happen.

And if I forget, I would sign for hosting an meeting in 2 weeks :D
Warp X Mayor
Neytan269

Minecraft IGN: Neytan269

Postby Memery » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:06 am

Hello all and belated merry crimbo. My family has arranged a zoom call for 8pm and I was the only one who objected so I won't be able to make the meeting.

I am sorry I won't make it but I will pass my thoughts on the election onto Spectate to speak for me!
Without trousers, you can enjoy life a lot more. Wearing a "thong" is just a comfort thing ...
Memery
Zriend

Minecraft IGN: Memery

Postby Forseth » Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:52 pm

I probably won't be able to make tonight's meeting. Have a great time and sorry for missing the last one of the year.
May the Forseth be with you
Forseth
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: Forseth

Postby Dax23333 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:12 pm

I don't think I'll be able to make this evenings meeting either.
Dax23333
Zriend

Minecraft IGN: Dax23333

Postby Mellorian » Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:06 pm

Sorry, forgot today was a meeting, I also have a family call. I hope the mayor stuff goes well!
Mellorian
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: Mellorian

Postby DrPayne » Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:29 pm

I might be late, Got family and food around that time, but hopefully ill join half way. If im there before hand, ignore this.
Spruce? Never even heard of it.
DrPayne

Minecraft IGN: TheMrPayne

Return to General Discourse