[LVS] - Warp X Mayoral Election

[LVS] - Warp X Mayoral Election

Postby ABParadigm » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:38 pm

We have a new warp inbound! That means it needs a new mayor to run it. This is a very good way to get involved with the community!

How do you run for mayor then?

To run for mayor, you need to:

1. State your IGN (in-game name)
2. Why you are good for the job?

Here's a quick example!

IGN: JohnSmith123

Why I'm good for the job: I believe I'm good for the job because I love to be involved in community projects, and I am an active player. I have plenty of ideas for River Bend, and I would love to put them into reality. I have attended many council meetings, and I am open to any ideas that other players may have. I am very passionate about this, and I wish to give players a place to feel welcome in, and for all players to enjoy!

Not the brightest bulb in the box... but at least I'm not the broken bulb.
ABParadigm
Zriend

Minecraft IGN: ABParadigm

Re: [LVS] - Warp X Mayoral Election

Postby Neytan269 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:19 pm

Hello, my name is Neytan269, also known as MasterBoy269 and with this message I would like to submit myself into this mayoral race.
Few words about me:
Playing on server since 2014. I'm 3 times elected council member, first time serving since early 2015. Actively participating in community projects when is that possible. (College life suck sometimes :( )

I cannot really speak about plans since Zed won't release any, even tiny detail. But if I win this election, I can assure you that council will be updated about plans that would be allowed to release :)
Warp X Mayor
Neytan269

Minecraft IGN: Neytan269

Re: [LVS] - Warp X Mayoral Election

Postby Neytan269 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:44 pm

Since this warp is literally a blank canvas, I was working on some possible ideas for it with some help of nice screenshot of the ‘teleporter’

:arrow: Warp style: Tudor or Tropical
Most likely Tudor would suit better. The reason of picking it because this warp will be warp for newcomers, so building palette could be with easy accessible materials. And Tudor style provides various block combos.
Tropical would be ideal only if the ocean is there too.

:arrow: Area around ‘teleporter’
I have noticed that area has really good potential of beautiful view. So, I would extend a little bit towards a river and
terraform underneath the platform (Similar that fWhip does). Also, the teleporter would sit on square.

:arrow: With square, there will be few community buildings:
➭ Town Hall
Mayor’s office (And hidden mayor storage underneath it ofc), council meeting hall, Information board, rules,
maps, etc. The center of the warp
➭ Portal building
Semi open space for portal to be visible, maybe with minimap of the hub itself
➭ From the main square, there will be few roads leading to the ‘residental’ areas. From one bridge players would
access to food farms. Wheat, potato, carrot, berries, and all other harvestables.
➭ Opion for automatic Melon/Pumpkin farm
➭ Option for automatic cacti bonemeal farm
➭ Option for ‘tree’ farm
➭ Option for animal pens. I know the risks of all animals killed, that’s why there will be a section under town hall with
reserve animals(4 of each) so 2 new animals could be brough into the pens.
➭ Shops
In earlier days of warps, some warps had their own shops, and that would be a nice touch to bring back into this
new warp too. The shops would be pre-built and obtained from Mayor.
➭ Mayor’s residence
To expand a ‘secret Mayor’s storage’, behind town hall would be built a Mayor’s residence with garden that those
2 buildings would share. Mostly decorative building. And place to sleep so phantoms to be avoided.

:arrow: Nether Hub
Deals to be made with Zriends. Definitely using some of the 1.16 blocks!

:arrow: Phantom protection
Some cats to be placed of course, I have some in some of my bases.
Warp X Mayor
Neytan269

Minecraft IGN: Neytan269

Return to General Discourse