[All] This Event is Mine!

[All] This Event is Mine!

Postby Mellorian » Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:47 pm

We all love Minecraft, and you know what 50% of Minecraft is? That's right! Mining!

So I'm here to bring you a top tier, wham filled challenge that's sure to get your wellies full to the brim with bubbling, b e e f y excitement!

What's the challenge, you ask?

MINE THE STRANGEST THING!
What the heck Mell, there's no need to shout.

You may be wondering, what does strange entitle? Am I supposed to go around trying to find Zedwick wandering the mineshafts?

I'm sure you've all come across something that struck you as odd at some point or other, be it a fern deciding to abscond from sunlight:

Or maybe a lava block that refuses to embrace the water around it:

(Image stolen from Starkiller)

So the challenge is thus:

If you find anything strange or confusing while adventuring underground, reply here with a screenshot, and a winner shall be judged!

There are very few rules, as befitting such a serious and gruelling contest. Doctoring images/in-game is allowed, though may be less impressive than a natural find! Maybe you'll come across a fish while mining for coal, or maybe you'll mine a block only to reveal another player mining toward you?! Get those gears grinding!

You're allowed multiple entries!
Each screenshot is judged individually.

To submit a screenshot, you can upload to a site such as https://imgur.com/, and link it in your reply with [BigImg]image link[/BigImg] or by directly sharing the image link itself.

The contest ends on the 12th of June, at the Lvs council meeting, giving you a week! The prize can be given on either server! Don't let me down, I know you've been training for this.
Mellorian
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: Mellorian

Re: [All] This Event is Mine!

Postby ABParadigm » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:30 am

Wow, what a rare find this is. Not sure if it's strange but it's definitely worth putting here. Our host even decided to pretend to be eaten by whatever it is.

Not the brightest bulb in the box... but at least I'm not the broken bulb.
ABParadigm
Zriend

Minecraft IGN: ABParadigm

Postby Mellorian » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:17 am

At last! After (a minute or so) years of mining, I finally found it!
The SCROLL OF TRUTH!

Unfortunately Zed got there first, and won't tell me what it says :/

He did mutter something about strange portals before stuffing it in his beard though...
Mellorian
Zesty

Postby ABParadigm » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:17 am

??????????

ABParadigm
Zriend

Postby Spectatre » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:28 am

Spec dig so that others may nap. #friendshipgoals
Spectatre
Zriend

Minecraft IGN: Spectatre

Postby ABParadigm » Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:21 pm

???????????????? 2.0

ABParadigm
Zriend

Postby Dax23333 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:45 pm

This is a joint entry between me and Spec :)

It all started one day when a mysterious Stoneface appeared outside of her house. Inside its grumpy and cold exterior tucked into its chest were three books (and some rails and other stuff) of great mystery! Who could have left a stoneface at Specs house? A more mysterious mystery never did occur!

After much furious thonking our heroine tracked down her first clue buried deep under the empty plains somewhere behind the market. It was the page numbers!! The page numbers I say!!!

There was much dig afoot. Our brave heroine decided she had succeeded in the quest at this point when a mysterious voice on the breeze nudged them back on the trail, that she would have to go deeper.

More digging did occur. Caves navigated, corners turned, creepers slain and stone turned to cobble at the tip of her pick.

After even more digging a great yellow presence emerged from its rocky tomb. The prize was excavated lovingly but the real prize was something even greater! The real prize was love.
Dax23333
Zriend

Minecraft IGN: Dax23333

Postby Mellorian » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:49 pm

Here's an old classic!
Guess we know what you find when you dig too deep...

Mellorian
Zesty

Postby iij2000x » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:46 pm

https://imgur.com/gallery/XQKvNsV
While mining a came across a quite suspicious fellow. a rare find indeed!
iij2000x

Minecraft IGN: iij2000x

Winners!

Postby Mellorian » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:54 am

Thank you for all the wonderful entries!

Myself and a crack team of judges (Susy) have scoured the entries to find the most impressive, maniacal, impressive and astounding entry.

We didn't find it, but along the way we were severely impressed by all the Mems that face planted, all the liquids that froze, all the memes that memed, and all the references that were... referenced?

Therefore, I award the highest honour, and the most impressive prize, to none other than...
Myself!

WOOOOO! THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
YOU LOVE ME, YOU REALLY LOVE M-

what do you mean I can't award it to myself?
Sigh

Fine, I guess the award goes to Spec and Dax's corn...

I mean, sure it was funny, and was a story that brought tears to our eyes, and they did pay me like, five cobble to win, but is this what these meme contests are coming to? Have my standards really dropped so low that I would actually award a prize to a real and sensible entry? What happened to you Mell, you used to be so cool, relatable and, I'll say it, even mildly impressive. Why, I'd even accuse you of running out of ideas, and so you've resorted to memeing about not having any memes left, forcing you to be serious instead of humorous! You probably made this post just to disguise the fact that your jokes have run dry, that all you have left is ironic self-diatribe, well I see right through your lies! We shall celebrate Spec and Dax's victory this day, but not because of your pitiful attempt at misdirection, but instead because their entry was the best, and you damn well know it! Huzzah I say, and once more unto the forum, huzzah!
Mellorian
Zesty

Return to General Discourse