The Dawn of 1.18 [LVS]

The Dawn of 1.18 [LVS]

Postby BengalBoi » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:16 pm

Been a loooong time since i been here.

Hey Zeddy and Lady. Long time, no see.

I recently started playing the snapshots and pre-releases of MC and am very stoked for the final release of 1.18, but I that's when I remembered how much I miss the LVS gang and community.

One thing that I have yearned for on LVS is for the Overworld reset. A nice clean slate to get working into, rather than dealing with old chunks and abandoned areas.

I am presuming 1.18 is another update that this will not be happening? As I came to the conclusion a while ago the server is not gonna get reset...ever.

I do miss you guys but in all honesty a clean reset to LVS is the only thing that would get me back with the gang.

Other than that, I stick to Single player nowadays. Toodles!
BengalBoi

Minecraft IGN: BengalBoi

Re: The Dawn of 1.18 [LVS]

Postby ABParadigm » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:05 am

I find it hard to believe we will ever reset the overworld properly. That being said, we have a lovely resource dimension that Zed and Dax created which resets regularly and has only new chunks, which can be accessed via the nether hub tunnel adjacent to the end tunnel. There is also a new feature that will add new caves below old terrain! Who knows, maybe we'll do that too. There is certainly new terrain out there through various means, and we still have the old content and history to show off.

Not the brightest bulb in the box... but at least I'm not the broken bulb.
ABParadigm
Zriend

Minecraft IGN: ABParadigm

Re: The Dawn of 1.18 [LVS]

Postby Dax23333 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:13 pm

If the world was reset a high proportion of long term players, likely including myself, would leave and never return in any significant way. So said community would fall apart pretty quick.

There is definitely a growing issue with new terrain becoming more and more hard to find. Thankfully we'll get new stuff below bedrock if that part of what mojang said works. Unfortunately little in the ways of the new mountains.

I do also wonder how much player hours of work you're asking to be thrown away... Must be in the hundreds of years.
Dax23333
Zriend

Minecraft IGN: Dax23333

Return to General Discourse