[all] Minecraft 1.18!

[all] Minecraft 1.18!

Postby Zedwick » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:20 am

Minecraft 1.18 is here! I've been hard at work arranging support for this new version today, but I'm not quite ready to populate all of our old terrains with the new sub-zero caves just yet.

I'm sure you all assumed this would be the case, but I should have made an announcement about this earlier. The Resource Dimension will reset during the upgrade to 1.18! So no matter which server you play on, be sure to extract any valuable you want to keep from your Resource Dimension in anticipation of the impending reset for 1.18!

So whilst you wait, I have set up Zestyland with 1.18 and have upgraded the previous world from 1.17. If you're a current Zesty Subscriber, please check it out and see if you can find where the old terrain meets the new! There is a connection to it form the lobby, behind the tent (left of LVS). You may also get on Zestyland using a 1.17.1 client, or a 1.18 client.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
Zedwick
Guardian

Minecraft IGN: Zedwick

Re: [all] Minecraft 1.18!

Postby Zedwick » Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:48 am

LVS had been scheduled to update on Tuesday the 14th. We completed the world upgrade for the overworld, however we soon discovered the nether, end and resource dimension are completely inaccessible in-game. I have since found that all references to them have been removed from the level.dat file. I am attempting to recover from this situation, however we may need to rollback and repeat the upgrade process again. I will update you here when I find the appropriate solution!
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
Zedwick
Guardian

Postby Zedwick » Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:02 am

I have recovered the nether and end dimensions on LVS. Both have been upgraded, which means LVS is online and fully updated to 1.18.1!

Unfortunately I had to remove the Resource Dimension for the time being. If you are currently in the Resource Dimension, you may find yourself buried in the overworld. I am sorry to say I did not plan for needing to remove the resource dimension completely, so there are no safe guards in place to protect you. I will work on a solution soon.
Zedwick
Guardian

Postby Zedwick » Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:41 pm

The Resource Dimension has returned to LVS! We now have entirely fresh lands for you to explore with all the new 1.18y generation.

You can find the portal to the Resource Dimension in the central Nether Hub, next to the End tunnel.
Zedwick
Guardian

Postby Zedwick » Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:46 pm

Zurvival will update to 1.18.1 on Tuesday the 8th of February!

We will need to upgrade the world to the new version, which will populate beneath the bedrock in the overworld with all new caves! Zurvival is expected to take 10-14 hours to complete the world upgrade, but it might surprise us and finish early so you're welcome to come hang out in the lobby with us whilst it upgrades ^_^

I believe I know how to avoid the issues we experienced with LVS' update, so there should be a nether, an end and even a fresh Resource Dimension for you to explore all that new 1.18 terrain in! The Resource Dimension will reset on Tuesday, please remove anything of value you wish to keep.

I know some of you have been eager to play this update, so I really appreciate your patience in waiting for it to come to Zz. Thank you.
Zedwick
Guardian

Postby Zedwick » Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:16 pm

Zurvival has updated to 1.18.1 and completed the world upgrade across all dimensions!

Zurvival's Resource Dimension has also been reset, so there's fresh new 1.18y lands for your to explore and plunder ^_^
Zedwick
Guardian

Return to General Discourse