Major Issues Migrating to Microsoft Account - HELP!!

Major Issues Migrating to Microsoft Account - HELP!!

Postby Dave5400 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:01 pm

Hello all,

This isn't a Zedwork issue per se, but I'm in a bit of a pickle here with my Minecraft account and I'm really not sure what else to do.

As you may/may not know, I have been on a bit of a hiatus from Minecraft for reasons which are my own.
Anyway, I decided to sit back down again today to resume whatever it was that I was last doing on Zedwork when I see on the launcher information about migrating all accounts from Mojang, to Microsoft. Naturally, I proceeded to follow the relevant links, which I was not able to do the last time I tried a few months ago.

But this you all know and probably have done yourselves.

Well, after presumably successfully migrating my account to a Microsoft one by following the (albeit somewhat fumbling) instructions online, I find that the launcher is only giving me the option: to play the Demo of Minecraft.

So...

Next I logged onto my Microsoft/Mojang account online to see if there was something there I needed to activate or something. As I said earlier, the instructions didn't seem all that coherent to me, but that may just be my imagination. "Perhaps I missed something?" I thought.
To my surprise, my online account says "Looks like you don't own Minecraft yet! Buy the game here!". Obviously, this is complete rubbish as I have been on Zedwork LVS for a good few years on and off without any problems, and played singleplayer for a good deal longer.

I have had a good rummage through the forums and had a look around online, but can't seem to find this issue anywhere.

Annoyed doesn't quite cover my feelings about this, as you can probably imagine...

Long story short, I seem to be completely unable to even log in to play my own singleplayer worlds, let alone login to play on this server without re-purchasing a Minecraft account.

Have I been hacked?
Have I done something wrong in migrating my account?
Or has something else gone drastically wrong?

In case it is any help:
- I have had the account since around 2014 (I feel like this is the most likely source of the problems as Minecraft has changed hands and changed a lot generally since then)
- The last time I remember logging in was a few months ago (not sure of the date, but I'm fairly sure I was on Zedwork when I did log in.)
- For some reason, I was prompted to change my username to Daver5400 when migrating, as Dave5400 wasn't valid (presumably, it thought this was already taken? Don't really know why as this is what I was migrating)
- I don't have any alt. accounts, and never have had.

Worst case scenario, I suppose I'll have to purchase a new account, but I really don't want it to come to that as I have spent so many years enjoying the current one.
I have contacted the support team at Microsoft, but to be honest, I'm not exactly filled with confidence...

If anyone can offer any help or advice, this would be infinitely appreciated!

Kind regards,
Dave.

P.S. If you've got this far, thanks for taking the time to read, and my apologies for the wall of text.
Dave5400

Minecraft IGN: Dave5400

Re: Major Issues Migrating to Microsoft Account - HELP!!

Postby Forseth » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:20 am

A quick google revealed this:
https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/art ... 3X7QYQE6T4

So follow those suggestions and if that doesn't work you can always contact their support (https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/req ... 0001225811)

Also, I would suggest you try to find a receipt or proof of purchase for your Minecraft game. Probably won't need it but it might be handy if Microsoft can't find your information.
May the Forseth be with you
Forseth
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: Forseth

Postby Dave5400 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:42 pm

Hello Forseth,

Thanks for the response.

I have tried to log in to both using both the Microsoft and the Mojang login, but both say that I don't yet own Minecraft.

Ordinarily, I keep emails like the one sent when the account was purchased, but I didn't actually purchase the account, it was my dad (I was still at school at the time :P ). I can ask him if he's still got it, but seeing as it was bought way back in 2013/14, its unlikely to be honest.
In hindsight, I should have had the email sent to my email address (where the account was soon transferred), but as I say, I was still at school at the time and those kind of things didn't cross my mind.

I am currently in contact with someone at the support helpline, so I hope they can help get this resolved.

Kind regards,
Dave.
Dave5400

Re: *FIXED* Major Issues Migrating to Microsoft Account - HE

Postby Dave5400 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:01 pm

Dear all,

I am pleased to confirm that I have managed to solve this issue!

In case anyone else is having the same issue, here is what happened:

- Firstly, because my account is a legacy account, it turns out that the login was just my username (not the email as prompted by the login page). Many thanks to Forseth for suggesting this to me.
- Once I found this out, I logged into my Mojang account online (https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/) using the same login details of: Minecraft username (not email) and the relevant password.
- This then prompted me to the actual process of migrating, rather than just the creation of an Xbox/Microsoft account which I was prompted to do before.
- Minecraft then asked me to tell them the email with which the account was created to whom they sent a verification code. Luckily for me, it was my dad's email which he still uses. I have no clue what you would have to do if you don't know or have access to this email.
- Finally after entering the code, I was asked which Microsoft account I wanted to pair the Mojang account with and so it was done!

I'm still not exactly sure why I wasn't directed to do all of this from clicking the relevant link in the launcher, but then again, computers are not exactly my strong suit. Even less so with online stuff like this.

Suffice to say that I am very relieved.

Kind regards,
Dave.
Dave5400

Postby Zedwick » Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:44 pm

Glad to see you've got it all sorted, Dave!

Thank you for posting all of the details too, to help others who might face the same issue.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
Zedwick
Guardian

Minecraft IGN: Zedwick

Postby Aravero » Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:51 am

I'm so glad you posted this Dave. I'm seeing the same message.
Aravero

Minecraft IGN: Aravero

Return to General Discourse