Beginner Farm: Expanding Ideas

Beginner Farm: Expanding Ideas

Postby darthduck84 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:21 am

Ok, so here it is laid out I got 2 plans of actions for the beginner farm, For those unaware I brought up the topic in the recent LVS meeting https://zedwork.co.uk/wiki/Zedling_Council_Meeting_2022-07-23 About the ideas and a lot of ideas was tossed about including around the beginner farm which is great but not much room there. So I broke it down into two ideas with the option of people to scream more ideas here ont he forum and will bring it up two meetings from now so I don't sound like a dying record of a old man blabbering on, and on, and on, and on. Any how the idea is for when expansion needs to happen, once again it won't be right away but it is a good idea to get things laid out in case the next updates has many many new things (plants, animals, trees) if anything else it just nice to have things planned out and maybe do some ahead of time work.

Plan A: Floating islands will surround the beginner farm in different areas they will be designed to be about 20 by 20 blocks in a circle and will designed to look like they are just ripped out of the earth it self and is now floating with vines falling off them, with a stone out lay of a wall around it (to try to keep new players and players from jumping off)

Pro's:

Can Have many as high and low and such "floating" about so each island can hold something new, and with the ceiling limit so high many can be strung about
Will look Pretty
Could be interesting and attract more people to the server when word gets about??
??????????

Cons

Falling to your death might happen (even with fences)
Cutting trees down top to bottom will be a bigger chore and very annoying
Getting up to these “island” could be dangerous even with bridges and other safeties in place
New Player Griefing might increase (as the old saying goes this is why we can’t have nice things) (at least till zed fixes it)
Designing a way up and down these island might be difficult
Limited amount of trees and or farms on each island and not a whole lot room, making more popular farms have a waiting time before they grow back
Flyings rats, flying rats everywhere.

Plan: B is to take Zedwicks advice and dig down, now at first we thought we would hit the old market district but after some measuring and some poking around I found that is not true as the market stops where the border for the market is and is not in the way. The plan would be to dig down to 55 and start there with each floor being 25 blocks or so high and make it the length of the beginner farm which would provide a ton of room for plants, trees, and many other ideas.

Pro's:
Lots and lots of room, each floor would be the size of the farm to place things and if we don’t have enough room, we dig down deeper
Can make multiple layers with water elevators going up and down each floor, for safe and fast going up and down, and even make water elevators with labels that take you to a specific floor and back to the top again.
No Falling damage
No flying rats
Can get the area well lighted enough that the demon mobs will stay gone and look pretty.
Maybe a Dedicated Area For a meeting room with flowers, rivers, water falls and a gazebo in the middle with seating
????????

Cons
Lots and lots of digging to be had
Might have a problem with lava rivers down the line
Unsure what is fully underneath the beginner farm (besides old mining tunnels and caves and tunnels players dug causing a huge mess of mazes)
Will require a lot of lighting and path making and decorating to make look super pretty
beacons mining will have to be used so the temptation of grief might be a problem.
Once done the whole out lay of the farm will be changed which will take a lot of time and effort
You can’t see the sky no more.
Risk of a griefers digging holes and causing problems (at least till zedwick fixes them)
(in case of above) Raining ban anvils
????????

In concussion if any one has any more ideas they want added to the list along with pros and cons, or if they want to add pros and cons or toss there own ideas in please by all means do so!!!!
Proud Mayor of Duckvillia
Proud wer-dwarf, if I am underground for more then a hour I turn into a dwarf.
darthduck84
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: darthduck84

Re: Beginner Farm: Expanding Ideas

Postby DrPayne » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:46 am

I for one am all for digging, I'm sure (and know) many people would be fine with digging, as long as there is a haste 2, we should be good.
Spruce? Never even heard of it.
DrPayne

Minecraft IGN: TheMrPayne

Return to General Discourse