Server Migration!

Server Migration!

Postby Zedwick » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:57 am

The server died a few hours ago, so I've just decided to take the opportunity to start a server migration. Going to transfer to a new server, and hopefully fix a few errors i've been seeing. Will hopefully have Zedwork back up in a couple of hours.

Soz.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
Zedwick
Guardian

Minecraft IGN: Zedwick

Re: Server Migration!

Postby ignite444 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:09 am

Oh, no wonder the server went down.
ignite444

Postby Zedwick » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:14 pm

Oh yeah.. the server is back up ^_^

Everything went smoothly, and the lag issues seem to have cleared up. I think the server went down due to an attack; I'll be monitoring performance over the next couple of days, then consider my options for protecting the server from future attacks whilst minimising the hit on performance.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
Zedwick
Guardian

Minecraft IGN: Zedwick

Postby DanDan333 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:23 pm

Zedwick wrote:Oh yeah.. the server is back up ^_^

Everything went smoothly, and the lag issues seem to have cleared up. I think the server went down due to an attack; I'll be monitoring performance over the next couple of days, then consider my options for protecting the server from future attacks whilst minimising the hit on performance.

Server didn't go smoothly, It crashed again 3-4 hours ago, Hasn't come back up since. also, the lag is THAT crazy, We NEED to change servers..asap..This is getting beyond rediculus now..
DanDan333

Minecraft IGN: DanDan333

Return to General Discourse