Landlord/Homeowner Request

Do you have an idea on how to improve the server? Or have a brilliant idea for an event? Or any other requests? This is the place to voice them.

Landlord/Homeowner Request

Postby Bushell98 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:55 pm

Hello!

I recently joined the server and in my time at the server I have noticed a few things, firstly how friendly everybody is and how spread out people are across the world. Of course, the latter cannot be fixed/isn't really an issue as the people on here are friendly, however I have a suggestion that could fix this.

My suggestion is this, allow people to become landlords in towns, by either selling houses that they have built, or renting them out to people for a certain amount of resources per day/week. The way that this could work would be by having specific mailboxes outside of player homes for the landlord to "pick up" from, and allow players to work in a closer community because of this. Now you may be asking "Why does this make the play base closer together" and that would be a perfectly valid question to ask.

1. People would have more of an incentive to live in small communities that would allow them to gain profit/revenue therefore keeping the player base closer together.

2. More people would want to create better houses, therefore allowing an even prettier town to be created and an incentive to keep people coming back each day to play the game.

3. It would also stop people from just abandoning houses and allow them to sell their old houses to people who may have only recently joined the server, who want to live in a community and be a part of it, but has to travel far outside of a town in order to do so because the town is already full up.

Again, this is only a suggestion but I believe this would allow a closer and even friendlier community.

Let me know any ideas that could be added on to this.

Thanks!

Bushell98
IQ: 146
Bushell98
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: bushell98

Re: Landlord/Homeowner Request

Postby LousyMiner » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:08 pm

It's a shame this never got answered or discussed, because I believe it has merit, for two reasons:
  1. Some players are serial builders or travellers, only staying in a place for a period, making it all pretty and inviting before moving on. I think it would be nice to have the option to achieve some kind of in-game reward to subsidise the next build
  2. Some players decide to depart, leaving the server permanently or temporarily. When this is a conscious and deliberate decision, if they can transfer their claim to another player it wouldn't need to be left alone "just in case" they return
Of course, this relies on functionality that I suspect MCGP doesn't currently offer. Sure, you can /Trust another player but I suspect, and I haven't tested this to confirm it, /AbandonClaim makes the area unclaimed so any attached /Trusts would also be destroyed.

If only there was a /TransferClaim command (there is, but it doesn't do this) ...
Keep in touch and out of trouble

LousyMiner [Zz]
LousyMiner

Minecraft IGN: LousyMiner

Return to Suggestions/Requests