Competition Time !!!

Do you have an idea on how to improve the server? Or have a brilliant idea for an event? Or any other requests? This is the place to voice them.

Competition Time !!!

Postby Futurady » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:34 am

[*]Hi all,

As some people know I took on a massive project on the zed server building my own town called Valterra, I wanted a way to bring other peoples styles into the town to make it look and feel like a proper minecraft town. With this in mind I am arranging a week long competion. The basic idea is that each entrant is allocated a set plot of land, the goal is to build a unique house following the competion guidelines that will be set out in the coming days through the game itself, here and the blog. I'm currently working on the allocated plots so if your interested in taking part or want some more info please feel free to ask me online or give me a shout on here.

Kind regards
Futurady
Last edited by Futurady on Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Futurady

Minecraft IGN: Futurady

Re: Competion Time !!!

Postby Hylindar » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:15 pm

I would like a plot please! Whats funny, yesterday I was thinking along the same lines, "Maybe I will ask people to build small houses outside my thing etc etc". A little competition inspires people, hopefully many Zedlings will compete. Any plans for judges/rewards/guidelines? Either way, I'll try to compete/help.
Hylindar
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: Hylindar

Postby Zedwick » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:10 pm

I have a stash of confiscated items from banned players, which I will be dipping into for donations as prizes for this. What exactly will those prizes be? To be announced ;)

I'm looking forward to seeing the entries for this, nice one Futur!
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
Zedwick
Guardian

Minecraft IGN: Zedwick

Postby Hylindar » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:44 am

Futur mentioned the prizes to me, but unsure if it is final
1st-DIamond block
2nd- Gold block
3rd- Iron Block

or something to that effect :/, right? idk lol

I have been staring at RL houses when i drive around, trying to get inspiration for a good house design! C'mon Futur give us some more details :D
Hylindar
Zesty

Postby Futurady » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:10 pm

Howdy peeps,
Sorry for the delay, work decided to sent me Scotland for 3 days and didn't get any wifi :?

Prizes for the completion are as follows:-

1st place - 1 diamond block
2nd place - 1 gold block
3rd place - 1 iron block
There will also be rewards of a diamond for outstanding parts to builds.

As for the rules, I have decided that the competitors will know these when they start the competition. Each entrant will receive a book listing the guidelines and limitations of the competition. The event will last 7 days from the start to allow everyone a reasonable amount of time to finish.

Any questions just ask, as soon as we have a reasonable amount of entrants the completion will begin.

Ady
Futurady

Re: Competition Time !!!

Postby Futurady » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:47 pm

Due to lack of interest and my determination to get the competion going I have revised the prizes

1st place - 3 blocks of diamond
2nd place - 3 blocks of gold
3rd place - 3 blocks of iron
Last place - a chest of soil
Plus the diamond prizes for stand out sections of your builds

Ady
Futurady

Postby Zedwick » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:07 pm

If I were them, I'd be tempted to wait and see if you up it to 5 blocks tomorrow xD
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
Zedwick
Guardian

Minecraft IGN: Zedwick

Postby LadyBountiful » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:26 am

and when's the start date? It might make a difference to some players.
LadyBountiful
Guardian

Minecraft IGN: LadyBountiful

Postby Futurady » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:26 pm

Start date for the competition will be Wednesday the 19th September 2012, provided we have 3 competitors :)

The event will last as stated for 7 days so all have plenty of time to finish their projects
Futurady

Postby Hylindar » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:41 pm

If I am the only competitor, I would be happy to build 3 houses and compete against myself! :) I think maybe some postings directing people here for start date etc will be great. Some people are scared of forums.
Random Zedling, "I have to create an account? Well F that"
</sadface> lol
I will do my part though and try to direct people here. Also Futurady, are you planning on releasing details on the start date, or day prior, or what? :) Just curious
-Thanks again, this could stand to be very fun, and productive time spent for the Zedlings.
Hylindar
Zesty

Next

Return to Suggestions/Requests