[LVS] Spawn Railway for Faster Travel

Do you have an idea on how to improve the server? Or have a brilliant idea for an event? Or any other requests? This is the place to voice them.

[LVS] Spawn Railway for Faster Travel

Postby Refefhs » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:47 am

Hello All,

I have an idea for a fast way to and from spawn. There should be some kind of railway that runs out of spawn in all four directions. This way, players could use the railway to get to their X coordinate and then walk sideways to their Y coordinate, or vice versa. It would benefit everyone because they could travel a good distance from spawn in a much shorter amount of time. Players could also use the railways to get back to spawn quicker, if they need to use the farms or other facilities. It might take a while to finish this project, but it would definitely help everyone who often travels to spawn save time and reduce the risk of dying on the way.

I look forward to hearing anyone's opinions! :D

~Refefhs
Refefhs

Minecraft IGN: Refefhs

Re: Spawn Railway for Faster Travel

Postby Refefhs » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:54 am

Also, this is for LVS.
Refefhs

Re: [LVS] Spawn Railway for Faster Travel

Postby Memery » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:13 am

I just wanted to say that this is an amazing idea and thank you for pitching it! I love seeing ideas to help improve the server :) from the ouset this seems like an amazing idea but there is one very apparent problem, it gives griefers direct access to players builds. The idea of spawn is it a relatively unpopulated area that can trap griefers before rhe they do any real damage.

We already have warps which are designed to get players into a fairly unpopulated area in which to build safely, we have done our best to make the warp areas clear to new players.

As I said before, your idea would be PERFECT for the server if griefers weren't a problem!

~Memery

P.s Remember there's always the nether hub if you need to get to places fast :)
Without trousers, you can enjoy life a lot more. Wearing a "thong" is just a comfort thing ...
Memery
Zriend

Minecraft IGN: Memery

Postby Dax23333 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:02 am

The Nether Hub is 8 times faster, and costs about 8 times less to make because for every block moved in the nether you move 8 in the overworld position. In reality the cost is even lower because of the warps that people can connect to rather than boring an tunnel all the way to (0,0) through the nether ceiling.

While it would be spectacular, I do not think this would be economical to build.
Dax23333
Zriend

Minecraft IGN: Dax23333

Postby Refefhs » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:18 pm

Dax23333 wrote:While it would be spectacular, I do not think this would be economical to build.

You have a good point. :) I didn't think of that.
Refefhs

Postby OPNOOB » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:39 am

chips ahoy
OPNOOB

Minecraft IGN: OPNOOB

Postby fisher2760 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:11 am

hey great idea if you do build it at spawn you can or if u wont I can do a redstone door so they don't see it like have a stone button on stone so you carn't see it

thanx fisher2760
fisher2760

Minecraft IGN: fisher2760

Return to Suggestions/Requests