[LVS] Prank Council Proposal

Do you have an idea on how to improve the server? Or have a brilliant idea for an event? Or any other requests? This is the place to voice them.

[LVS] Prank Council Proposal

Postby BengalBoi » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:37 pm

So after....a month (*whispers* sorry.), I finally get round to posting this.

So pranking is frowned-apon on the server, but some players, including myself, enjoy the concept of harmless pranks, on other players and myself.

So I had the idea if we made a group of such, which are open to prank other members of the group and open to being pranked themself.

--My suggested rules--
- You can only prank players who are part of the group and you must be fine to be pranked yourself
- You cannot remove blocks at a persons build
- You cannot place blocks that alter the builds ability in working (Mainly about redstone)
- If you want to join the group, contact me and I shall put you into the group
- If a member wants to leave, they have to tell me, but won't officially leave the group for 2 weeks (to stop people joining, pranking, then immediately leaving the group)
- When pranking, you must, MUST place a sign to let the player know who it was. (This is for your own good too, otherwise it will be looked upon as griefing and could lead to a BanHammer slamming on you.)
-Creativity is strongly preferred. Sanding someone's base, as an example, is not very good.
-You can only use resources you have collected yourself, not from the player you are pranking.
-The resources you use, you have to be ok to lose. So don't use resources unless you are happy to not get it returned
- You can offer help to remove prank after the player has discovered it, but isn't necessary.
- You can't prank a place that is shared with players who are not part of the group.
- Pranks that can cause heavy lag are not allowed (such as chicken breeders and heavy tick-machines)
- TnT is NOT allowed!
- Overworld and Nether areas are both allowed, as long as the area is certainly owned by the target player.
- No killing pranks, such as lava, potion traps, etc.

So let me know what rules they think would be good to add/remove/expand and what they think about it. =3
BengalBoi

Minecraft IGN: BengalBoi

Re: [LVS] Prank Council Proposal

Postby Forseth » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:25 pm

Sounds good Bengal. I personally do not like getting pranked and even less to prank someone else. So having a select group of people who can prank upon each other sounds fine to me.

A suggestion, or perhaps an idea, is that you can use the same contraption the Mindcrackers did on one of their earlier servers. In their case it was for pvp but it should work out for pranking as well. The contraption (If you haven't seen it before) uses items that cant be stacked. The items are named after each participant and put into the contraption. You then use the contraption to randomize a few participants, like two or three, that shows who may be pranked. Every so often, you use the contraption again and swap the old names for a few new names.
The advantages with this system are:
*Only a select few may be pranked at a time
*The players can check the contraption every now and again to see who is to be pranked, including the ones getting pranked.
*It will be easier for everyone to see who is pranked and who is griefed.
*The contraption is impartial so no privileges or bullying using the system.

Now there are some downsides to this as well, but its up to you if you want to use it or not.

Let me know if you want a link to a video with the contraption.
May the Forseth be with you
Forseth
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: Forseth

Postby BengalBoi » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:26 pm

Ahh yes, back when Mindcrack was still enjoyable, lol.

Was thinking of making a "player of the week" thing or something, so one person to be pranked sometime that week.

Also I have an plans on making a place for the group, too.
BengalBoi

Minecraft IGN: BengalBoi

Postby blueumbreon » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:11 am

for the potion trap thing, are things like slowness or blindness allowed?

as you can see, i am above you
blueumbreon

Minecraft IGN: blueumbreon

Postby Sneeze_Attack » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:19 pm

Pranks are ok.

But after what happened to my place last time someone did it, I'm rather hesitant to participate in pranks due to the previous time.
Sneeze_Attack
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: Sneeze_Attack

Postby wperks26 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:47 pm

yo Bengal remember me? wperks26? I may be getting a new mine craft account seeing as my original has been hacked. I know that this post is about the council but i just want to ask if i could retain my spot on council and also clear up if i ever had one because i believe i was told that i had a spot on council and even though it may have been a year ago when i had the spot i am still hopeful that I will be able to retain my past position I don't expect to be given my zedling back though i believe that i should not be counted as special just because i got hacked but i am in high hopes that i will be able to get back my base and maybe zed could even access my old ender chest also even though it may be impossible for him to, i am in hopes that he may be able to access my old inventory and get me back my old items. But in the event that my base is griefed i will not want zed to roll back my base because i may say a time that is to far back and i may get items that i did not have at the time when I got hacked and that would be unfair so could you please do me a huge favor and tell zed and ask him about my conditions? Please I am really counting on you. If it is not to much trouble could you please respond to this saying if you did or not?
wperks26

Minecraft IGN: wperks26

Postby Forseth » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:05 am

Hey Wperks. I don't know what happened to your old account but if it got banned you will need to make an appeal on the "Banhammer". This is because if you sign in with a new account on the server, it will recognize your IP and connect it to the banned account and ban the new one as well.

As for the other stuff, I would suggest sending a PM or posting it as a new topic since it isn't actually about Bengals pranking topic. It could be under your appeal or send a PM to Zedwick to ask him personally.
May the Forseth be with you
Forseth
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: Forseth

Postby darthduck84 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:52 pm

another thought about this is, pranking is fun and all but the clean up can be terrible sometimes, like for example some one put obsidan in your house, and you don't have a diamond pick or some one put a lot of dirt around your house and you don't have a shovel to clear or or a ton of flowers in your home, the point being is, when is a prank taken too far, and what are you going ot do about a clean up after the prank?
Proud Mayor of Duckvillia
Proud wer-dwarf, if I am underground for more then a hour I turn into a dwarf.
darthduck84
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: darthduck84

Postby AmirTheTurtle » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:34 pm

darthduck84 wrote:another thought about this is, pranking is fun and all but the clean up can be terrible sometimes, like for example some one put obsidan in your house, and you don't have a diamond pick or some one put a lot of dirt around your house and you don't have a shovel to clear or or a ton of flowers in your home, the point being is, when is a prank taken too far, and what are you going ot do about a clean up after the prank?

are you trying to refrence the "Poppy King" prank? I am o.k with this, I just never been pranked before.. After this, Rage has pranked me and Im ok and laughing about it :)

~Your Friendly Neighborhood Turtle,
AmirArbely,
Dictator of Domount :mrgreen:
AmirTheTurtle

Minecraft IGN: AmirTheTurtle

Postby darthduck84 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:28 am

I was referring to the more heavy pranks like the obsidian one some one pulled though most pranks are light and easy to clean up with no real hassle there have been pranks that just been heavy borderline grieving, and that is what I am referring to.
Proud Mayor of Duckvillia
Proud wer-dwarf, if I am underground for more then a hour I turn into a dwarf.
darthduck84
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: darthduck84

Next

Return to Suggestions/Requests