1st Server spawn build

Do you have an idea on how to improve the server? Or have a brilliant idea for an event? Or any other requests? This is the place to voice them.

1st Server spawn build

Postby Greener » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:05 pm

This is an experiment I've been working on, could be used for 1st server spawn? Bit more fancy idk. Opinions please!

[Imgur][/Imgur]
Greener

Minecraft IGN: Greener

Re: 1st Server spawn build

Postby Zedwick » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:11 pm

That's a pretty fancy lookin' build!

One rule I've always had is to keep to fairly simple spawn areas. I don't want to intimidate new players with overly large and complex builds when they first join, which they could perhaps never hope to build anything like on their own. Zedwork provides a blank world for the players to build great things in.

I also don't like making them run very far before they can chop their first tree :)
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
Zedwick
Guardian

Minecraft IGN: Zedwick

Postby Greener » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:24 pm

Zedwick wrote:That's a pretty fancy lookin' build!

One rule I've always had is to keep to fairly simple spawn areas. I don't want to intimidate new players with overly large and complex builds when they first join, which they could perhaps never hope to build anything like on their own. Zedwork provides a blank world for the players to build great things in.

I also don't like making them run very far before they can chop their first tree :)

Yeah just an idea, it looks bigger and more complicated in the pictures than in real life but I'm sure its for the best. Maybe when the server grows some more ;)
Greener

Postby Zedwick » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:40 pm

Maybe!

We have a couple of minigame ideas in the works, I'm sure there'll be opportunities to put your talents to use in building the maps for those, if you're interested :)
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
Zedwick
Guardian

Minecraft IGN: Zedwick

Postby Greener » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:33 pm

Zedwick wrote:Maybe!

We have a couple of minigame ideas in the works, I'm sure there'll be opportunities to put your talents to use in building the maps for those, if you're interested :)

Oh yeah that sounds right up my street ;) Minigame maps are my favourite !
Greener

Postby Treiskaideka » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:08 pm

Nothing too intimidating?
What's up with https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiT9qx4BV9o ?
(well, i guess it's not as big as in the pictures shown, that's true)
So what is even happening with ichimori's town? Any news?

I was also wondering why the new spawn (at least finally not the run down junglerock) hasn't got a real name yet... But I guess I can ask about that tomorrow at the building competition.

P.S.: some very nice builds there, Greener, it may be nice to have you on the server, from what I've seen. I'm looking forward to your buildings!
"To tree or not to tree."
Have you read the news recently?
Treiskaideka
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: Treiskaideka

Return to Suggestions/Requests