World Download?

Do you have an idea on how to improve the server? Or have a brilliant idea for an event? Or any other requests? This is the place to voice them.

World Download?

Postby Etho » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:00 pm

Hello everyone. I have a suggestion for Zedwick or LadyB!
In the spirit of 1.9 coming next year, maybe when 1.9 does come out, there can be a world download available on the website here for anyone who wants to check out people's areas and scope out areas for places to build for the new players.

If this can happen, that would be awesome! Just a suggestion, if possible. :)
-Sincerely, Etho.
"May the Force be with you, always."
Etho

Minecraft IGN: Etho_

Re: World Download?

Postby Forseth » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:31 am

Although I think its a neat idea, I think you can do that already Etho. Cant a player join the server in a spectator mode? Where you cant touch anything but fly around?
May the Forseth be with you
Forseth
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: Forseth

Postby Zedwick » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:55 am

Unfortunately this would be difficult to offer due to the size of the world. It would also open up more possibilities for players to use the world file to cheat, making it easier to locate limited resources and stuctures in the world. It wouldn't be fair to allow a download for an active survival world, I would only consider this after a world reset.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
Zedwick
Guardian

Minecraft IGN: Zedwick

Postby Sneeze_Attack » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:40 pm

Zed is right, it's the same reason why you can't get up the map Seed to prevent people from getting a unfair advantage. However it would be nice to see if there can be a way to avoid this so we can have the landscape of the original LVS so that we can plan things out properly, it would certainly help.

My idea was if Zed (or someone else) could open a new map (same seed) where people have Creative mode and only those allowed on it at the time would be people making a community project.
Sneeze_Attack
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: Sneeze_Attack

Return to Suggestions/Requests