PvP a long battle!!

Do you have an idea on how to improve the server? Or have a brilliant idea for an event? Or any other requests? This is the place to voice them.

PvP a long battle!!

Postby A_Bran_Muffin » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:24 pm

Problem:
-PvP is disabled
-Infinite elytra flight with a bow and arrow is not possible as you cannot hit yourself.
-I want to be able to fight people who want to fight me.

Solution:
-PvP is enabled on the server.
-All players are placed on the same team.
-Players on the same team cannot hit each other.
-Use the command !duel (opponent's name) (time in minutes/infinite).
-!duel accept (opponent's name) will set both players on seperate teams allowing them to fight.
-The duel will end when either the alloted time runs out or one player uses the command !duel cancel which will end the duel sending both players back to the same team.
-This command is only accessible by Zedlings (15 Hours of Gameplay)

This stops the issue of new players fist fighting at spawn and this allows all zedlings to safely fight when they wish to. This also allows infinite elytra flight with the Punch II bow.

Thoughts/Suggestions? Will this work with the current command block systems?

-Bran
A_Bran_Muffin

Minecraft IGN: A_Bran_Muffin

Re: PvP a long battle!!

Postby Forseth » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:53 am

Isn't team based on the colors? Wouldn't that mean that the server cant have different colors on the names?
May the Forseth be with you
Forseth
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: Forseth

Postby SneakySkeleton » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:01 am

PvP being on/off is a server-wide option, which I do not think it can be changed via command blocks or '!' commands on a vanilla server without having to reboot the server everytime. I may be wrong, but I do not think it is possible. We have ZestyGames where we can PvP people. :)
"Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort."
Franklin D. Roosevelt
SneakySkeleton
Zriend

Minecraft IGN: SneakySkeleton

Postby Dax23333 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:43 am

People keep asking for this, with basically the same arguments and it has been refused every single time by Zedwick and LadyBountiful.
Dax23333
Zriend

Minecraft IGN: Dax23333

Postby A_Bran_Muffin » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:38 pm

SneakySkeleton wrote:PvP being on/off is a server-wide option, which I do not think it can be changed via command blocks or '!' commands on a vanilla server without having to reboot the server everytime. I may be wrong, but I do not think it is possible. We have ZestyGames where we can PvP people. :)

If you re-read what I wrote, PvP is enabled on the server and you use teams in scoreboards to disable/enable friendly fire. So a high level: PvP is on but people cant hit each other because they are on the same team.
A_Bran_Muffin

Postby Dax23333 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:55 pm

That would require a complete redo of all team and rank systems on the server.
Dax23333
Zriend

Minecraft IGN: Dax23333

Postby Zedwick » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:12 pm

As Forseth pointed out, this would mean all players would be on the same team and therefore have the same team colour for their name. No non-zedlings/zedlings/zriends/zesties/guardians. Chaos!

I think most players would prefer colours and Zedlingship over temporary pvp. Luckily we don't have to choose, as we can have both! /zestygame provides pvp opportunities, though admittedly no Elytra PVP yet.

If you, or anyone else, is interested in creating a minigame based around Elytra combat then I would very much encourage you to do so! An ElytraPVP ZestyGame is often requested.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
Zedwick
Guardian

Minecraft IGN: Zedwick

Postby A_Bran_Muffin » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:42 pm

Zedwick wrote:As Forseth pointed out, this would mean all players would be on the same team and therefore have the same team colour for their name. No non-zedlings/zedlings/zriends/zesties/guardians. Chaos!

I think most players would prefer colours and Zedlingship over temporary pvp. Luckily we don't have to choose, as we can have both! /zestygame provides pvp opportunities, though admittedly no Elytra PVP yet.

If you, or anyone else, is interested in creating a minigame based around Elytra combat then I would very much encourage you to do so! An ElytraPVP ZestyGame is often requested.

Sorry, when I was talking about the Elytra I was talking about something like this:
https://youtu.be/rjO6cSBZUEw?t=1m11s

Honestly the PvP in ZestyGames is so good I could honestly care less about PvP in the main world but what I was mostly caring about was the Elytra flight.
A_Bran_Muffin

Postby A_Bran_Muffin » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:51 am

Could we use a scoreboard score rather than team to differentiate rank, and place everybody on the same team with friendly fire disabled (and have a secondary team with it enabled). Of course, players in the standard team would be able to attack the other team's players but this would probablly not be abused as I only forsee duels happening in enclosed arenas or other such designated PvP areas.
A_Bran_Muffin

Postby Zedwick » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:20 am

That's an awkward solution to a problem we don't really have: If you need to pvp, you can do so in ZestyGames.

I'm not going to make the sacrifice to accommodate abusing the mechanic for infinite flight, either.

Sorry, Bran. The answer is no.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
Zedwick
Guardian

Minecraft IGN: Zedwick

Next

Return to Suggestions/Requests