Zrangers ;) yes Zed I'm putting this on forums now

Do you have an idea on how to improve the server? Or have a brilliant idea for an event? Or any other requests? This is the place to voice them.

Zrangers ;) yes Zed I'm putting this on forums now

Postby PulsaterII » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:34 pm

So being banned forced me to go into the world of Zedwork forums, and so now that I'm here exploring I decided to make a forums post about the Zranger corps in LVS. I did mention this before in 1 of the council meetings and I was brushed away, but when I talked privately to Zed, he okayed it. So someone (I think it might have been Aravero, if it was u thanks for the suggestion) suggested that I put this idea on the forums so more people will see it and consider it. So back to the point. The Zrangers would be a useful rank (or title without a special rank because Zed said no to it being a separate rank :oops: ) because they can:
1. The less experienced ones can welcome new players at spawn, and advise them on what not to do , where they should go to start off, etc. And when they do this, the rates of players who are immediately banned for breaking a block will go down, possibly to 0 to 1%.
2. They can be hired to defend places (like Blutopia, New Iron, etc.) from monsters, they can patrol around and shoot them with the archery skills they can be trained, they can also watch out for griefers and thieves at the market, and stop these things from happening in the first place.
3. They can be called on to help build a major build (there would be a total of 10 Zrangers and I should think that's enough to build most things)

And when I told Zed these reasons, he said That's basically what Zriends do. Thanks for the idea Zed! I was thinking we can combine Zriends and Zrangers, and since I came up with this idea I'm thinking I can take on 3 apprentices to start, all of which would be Zriends, and we can build up a Zranger corps for a server idea no one's ever seen or heard of (unless u read the rangers apprentice series by John Flanagan, That's where this idea comes from)! Thanks for reading this forum post- Zranger Commandent PulsaterII
PulsaterII

Minecraft IGN: PulsaterII

Re: Zrangers ;) yes Zed I'm putting this on forums now

Postby SwayLight » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:55 am

What you suggested is basically just the Zriend rank, and even without most people are helpful and keep lookout for thieves and griefers.

I don't understand your idea of "Let's combine Zriends and Zrangers", Zriends are given their rank and "powers" because they're the most trusted of the trusted players and while I'm certainly not saying you're untrustworthy, I don't think giving anyone who isn't the trusted of the trusted power is a good thing.

I would be down for more roleplay style stuff, maybe we can set up some game nights. I do still have my Mafia game house from the previous Halloween event, I could build more of a town and then we can brainstorm some roleplay stuff.
When you expose the biggest scam in Zedwork history, You have to wear your fedora and neck beard with pride - Sway 2018.
SwayLight

Minecraft IGN: Swayed_Light

Postby PulsaterII » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:12 am

Well Sway for u to better understand what u said in your second paragraph, the power of the trusted rank doesn't just go to anyone, I would train Zriends only. And while I also say that anyone can look out for thieves and griefers, no one would do it in depth because they are probably busy with something else. Meanwhile, Zrangers can be hired as their job to do that, and so therefore they would be paying more attention and they can stop these things from happening in the first place
PulsaterII

Postby PulsaterII » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:14 am

While u also said* ugh autocorrect attacks me 24/7 :evil:
PulsaterII

Postby Forseth » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:42 pm

Hmm, while I do encourage players to welcome new players and give them a helping hand, I don't see the point of this title/rank. The Zriends already do this by default, awesome as they are, and most seasoned players do it as well. So there really isn't a need for a new rank/title for this. And even if you would recruit players to guard and help new players, how would you cover all the hours of the day? And why would anyone come online and do nothing except stand guard? Most players have projects of their own to work on.

So, as I said, I encourage all players to be friendly and welcome new arrivals. Give them a helping hand if in need. But I fail to see a reason for an official rank/title with this in mind. There is, however, nothing stopping you from starting a crew of players and call yourself Zedwork Rangers, doing just this. Just don't expect anyone to give you any credit for this, as it comes normally for most of us.
May the Forseth be with you
Forseth
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: Forseth

Postby Earthcow289 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:44 pm

I agree with forseth. Love the motivation you show though! I sometime act like this tank you speak of. Really just depends what's going on.
Earthcow289

Minecraft IGN: EarthCow

Postby EliasRipley » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:25 pm

I too wouldn't see the benefit of a new title when there are Zriends. If I see a new player, I often try to help... The people of this server are really good for that.

I agree that logging on to 'guard' a place would be a bit pointless... However now might be the time to raise another idea that could go hand in hand with yours.

I was thinking recently that it could be fun to meet up in the open nether and have a pigman killing competition. Whoever comes back with the most pig loot wins!

Maybe if you really want to start a ranger corp, you could organise little killing competitions like this. So if you wanted to do in the overworld, you could have 'whoever kills the most spiders wins' ect. Perhaps this might give the corp a bit more purpose?

All being said, I think LVS could use a couple more Zriends.
EliasRipley's LVS Photo Album: https://goo.gl/4uBVwF
Transport for Zedwork - LVS Spawn Hub Map: https://goo.gl/cpBhbJ (Last Updated August 2017)
EliasRipley

Minecraft IGN: EliasRipley

Return to Suggestions/Requests