[Zz] Locating Region Posts

Do you have an idea on how to improve the server? Or have a brilliant idea for an event? Or any other requests? This is the place to voice them.

[Zz] Locating Region Posts

Postby Mellorian » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:37 am

We've been discussing ways of implementing things found in the F3 menu and commands in a vanilla way.

I had a thought earlier about perhaps, instead of a !nearestpost command/calc, perhaps each post could have a lodestone underneath it - where the post connects to the base. Then perhaps shift right clicking with a compass or some other such action could attune a compass to the nearest post's lodestone?

Just a thought, feel free to expand/pass over :)

~Mell
Mellorian
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: Mellorian

Re: [Zz] Locating Region Posts

Postby Zedwick » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:17 pm

Is this an adaptation of my (our?) idea of making it so right clicking a region post with a compass will make it always point to the nearest post? But have a specific, recognisable block be the block we need to right click?

I wonder if making it a lodestone would give the impression the compass would always point back to that specific region post, as per normal lodestone behaviour.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
Zedwick
Guardian

Minecraft IGN: Zedwick

Return to Suggestions/Requests