[ZZ] Blocking players from visiting a region or post

Do you have an idea on how to improve the server? Or have a brilliant idea for an event? Or any other requests? This is the place to voice them.

[ZZ] Blocking players from visiting a region or post

Postby OGBen » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:37 am

I did not put this in the pre-agenda because I did not know if this subject would possible or have been talked about before? (I looked back and I dont see records of this topic being brought up)

I think it could be a good idea to make a plugin where players you do not want visiting a region that you own for any reason to do with griefing or being a distraction from what you are doing can benefit players well being and their regen.
I am not sure how it could work if it was set to your home region or if you can block a player from going to a specifically named post but I think this could benefit many including myself.

Many Thanks
Ben
Quartz isn't luxury, its a vital need!

OGBen
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: OGBen_

Re: [ZZ] Blocking players from visiting a region or post

Postby Mellorian » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:25 pm

At the moment, privacy comes through keeping a region's name/coords secret, and not setting your home there unless it's in the wilderness. Having an official way to do this would likely be a lot less to worry about - I've definitely accidentally said a friend or two's region name that I shouldn't a couple of times, and sat there hoping no one picked up on it.

I do fear that even with the ability to block someone from visiting a named post, or perhaps having a white/blacklist, if they are already aware of the coordinates or nearby posts it would not do much to deter them, aside from being a clear sign that the region is private.

Of course, requesting that they leave, and then bringing the matter up with Zed/Lady if it becomes a problem is always an option, though I do believe most are understanding enough to not pry, and a lot of issues have been solved by communicating in the past.

There is also the issue of who owns the post, and who should have the ability to block/unblock. I feel this has the potential to be a source of upset greater than the current issue, and would have to be handled carefully.

Perhaps with the new region post plugin (soontm :3) a white/blacklist could be added more easily using the interface I believe is planned? I appreciate that's perhaps something for the future though.
Mellorian
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: Mellorian

Postby Zedwick » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:40 pm

As Mell has covered, ownership over a region can be tricky so I'm not sure I can set something up plugin-wise for claiming entire regions.

In the past players have placed a land claim over the region posts and built walls around the post with doors for access. Permission to enter the region is then controlled using /accesstrust in the claim around the post.

If you do decided to build a wall around your post, please try to provide a way to access the post from your region without needing to have permission to your claim. Anyone who is exploring and stumbles upon your region has a right (in most cases) to have access to the region post.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
Zedwick
Guardian

Minecraft IGN: Zedwick

Postby OGBen » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:41 pm

I just thought it some people may want specific players they know who can trust to visit the post and region and there also may be other players they do not want to have around. I see how this can be tricky to do but I thought it might be a good thing to think about.

Ben
Quartz isn't luxury, its a vital need!

OGBen
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: OGBen_

Return to Suggestions/Requests