[Zz] Nether Hub Expansion

Do you have an idea on how to improve the server? Or have a brilliant idea for an event? Or any other requests? This is the place to voice them.

[Zz] Nether Hub Expansion

Postby MOABmobber » Fri May 28, 2021 9:00 am

Heyo,

You may know that's there's a Nether Hub on Zurvival and it's.... well let's just say it's isn't that well developed. The Western Tunnel already goes out about 500 blocks or so and it looks pretty neat, but it isn't that... useful, y'know because of the region posts.

There's a region you can't reach with region posts tho, and that are the outer regions of the nether where you mine netherite. I've thought about extending the Western Tunnel to about 3k blocks out or whereever the regeneration border is. The only thing I would need besides the truckloads of resources and time is the permission of Mell to do that, because I think that he's the one who built it originally.

This would also greatly help people who are afraid of flying with an elytra to the outer nether regions to mine ancient debris and also the people who are too lazy to think while flying :P

I would greatly appreciate the feedback on my idea :)
MOABmobber

Minecraft IGN: MOABmobber

Re: [Zz] Nether Hub Expansion

Postby Mellorian » Sat May 29, 2021 8:32 pm

As you said, the nether hasn't seen much use for travelling, since region posts cover most of what people would use it for.
In terms of the far out nether, I believe most have a portal near the world border that they use region posts to get to, and then tunnel/fly out from there, but expanding the nether hub is perfectly viable, too.

You're welcome to go ahead if you'd like, the nether hub isn't really "protected" beyond the usual rules against griefing. I very much doubt it's ever actually been used for anything other than the sake of using it or from people just exploring it.

One thing to note is that the nether hub is currently centered around Bridgeways, the old newest region. It's probably a good thing that it doesn't connect to Watersedge, since griefing used to be an issue with new players managing to quickly find their way to the hub, but a new centralized hub is also an option if that's something anyone would like to do.

When I made it, it was mostly because I'd seen how good Lvs' nether hub was, and wanted us to have our own communal place in the nether, but at the end of the day, I think it just isn't/won't be used in any near ratio to the effort put in, but then again, a good build is often it's own reward.
Mellorian
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: Mellorian

Re: [Zz] Nether Hub Expansion

Postby MOABmobber » Sat May 29, 2021 8:50 pm

Thanks for the permission :)

It's probably just gonna be sort of a side project of mine I'll complete over time - and it was mostly for the people who are afraid of flying or don't have that world border portal connection, so they could get netherite (or for me when I don't have the attention to fly :P).
MOABmobber

Minecraft IGN: MOABmobber

Return to Suggestions/Requests