Mumble/Murmer for chatting

Do you have an idea on how to improve the server? Or have a brilliant idea for an event? Or any other requests? This is the place to voice them.

Re: Mumble/Murmer for chatting

Postby Spamtron » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:38 am

Another option is to use RaidCall, which is what I personally use for another game that I play. The resources that are required are 1/50th of Skype and I have not found any issues as of yet. There is also features to split groups easily which will allow for people to jump into different servers (Which are all hosted by RaidCall servers) depending on activity or who they wish to talk to. Another avenue of verbal communication to consider.
---Spamtron
Spamtron
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: Spamtron

Postby sitrep99 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:46 am

TeamSpeak3 is awesome ^-^
sitrep99
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: Sitrep99

Postby Sokonit » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:55 am

Sitrep you are supposed to be ahead of all of us, not behind, ;p
This account has been aproven by the sokoseal Image
Sokonit
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: Sokonit

Postby Brenpop345 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:55 pm

maybe we can set up an official zedwork discord thing? zed or lb or whoever could leave a link 2 the invite on the forums. as long as its cool w/ zed or lb.
Alex, this is... Alex. Listen, don't come to Edwards Island. Stay home. Stay safe.

-Oxenfree
Brenpop345

Minecraft IGN: Brenpop345

Postby SwayLight » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:29 am

Zed has expressed his opinion on a Zedwork Discord server for a long time and I believe it boils down solely to moderation, he would need a system that could moderate the discord so that the rules of zedwork always extend their and I'm pretty sure discord doesn't provide that. You can speak in PM without anyone knowing and in the long run could cause issues for Zed and Lady. Also while I think an off MC chat would be great, replying to a thread that's close to 4 years dead isn't probably the best way to go about it.
When you expose the biggest scam in Zedwork history, You have to wear your fedora and neck beard with pride - Sway 2018.
SwayLight

Minecraft IGN: Swayed_Light

Postby AmirTheTurtle » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:20 pm

Brenpop345 wrote:maybe we can set up an official zedwork discord thing? zed or lb or whoever could leave a link 2 the invite on the forums. as long as its cool w/ zed or lb.

Necroposting again aye? lol

SwayLight wrote:Zed has expressed his opinion on a Zedwork Discord server for a long time and I believe it boils down solely to moderation, he would need a system that could moderate the discord so that the rules of zedwork always extend their and I'm pretty sure discord doesn't provide that. You can speak in PM without anyone knowing and in the long run could cause issues for Zed and Lady. Also while I think an off MC chat would be great, replying to a thread that's close to 4 years dead isn't probably the best way to go about it.

Aaand you're right again, mister Albatross.
AmirTheTurtle

Minecraft IGN: AmirTheTurtle

Postby Jams__ » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:22 pm

Discord Bots can monitor it, and Discord is adding new features for moderation.
Discord bots are easy to code too.
Jams__

Minecraft IGN: Jams__

Postby Memery » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:32 pm

They cannot moderate what people say on voice chat. Also, there is no way to directly link Minecraft account to your discord server. Therefore it would make punishing people really difficult if I said a load of bad things with my display name as HOMINIX for example. Until we can get a proper system to verify Minecraft accounts then there will be no official voice chat, sorry!
Without trousers, you can enjoy life a lot more. Wearing a "thong" is just a comfort thing ...
Memery
Zriend

Minecraft IGN: Memery

Postby Brenpop345 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:01 pm

I understand... :cry:
Alex, this is... Alex. Listen, don't come to Edwards Island. Stay home. Stay safe.

-Oxenfree
Brenpop345

Minecraft IGN: Brenpop345

Postby Jams__ » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:02 pm

You can code bots to verify them. There could be an ingame command that verifys you then sends it to the bot which will sort it out. We don't need voice chat too but a way to chat off of forums or server would be nice.
Jams__

Minecraft IGN: Jams__

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions/Requests