RealisticChat plugin feedback thread

Do you have an idea on how to improve the server? Or have a brilliant idea for an event? Or any other requests? This is the place to voice them.

RealisticChat plugin feedback thread

Postby Norpo » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:59 pm

In my opinion yelling should take less food up. Im in a cave, wanting to chat, but Noooo, I need food, and I have none, so im lonely, mining.

That is my feedback.

Discuss!
Norpo

Re: RealisticChat plugin feedback thread

Postby ignite444 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:01 am

It was a good idea talking about it, but personally I didn't like it. The constant use of food to talk was tiring and annoying. Not to mention if you are veeery far away, it would be very difficult to talk to everyone without your food bar disappearing altogether. The constant use of exclamation marks gave me a headache.

The only feature I liked was the colored names. it was easier to tell names apart that way.
ignite444

Postby DanDan333 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:04 am

In my opinion, Like norpo said, doing !!!! takes up an entire food bar, which isn't good...The range was too short, but pretty fine after zed had sorted it, but don't like how you have to carry a compass around 24/7 just to hear everything aswell as the beggingers have no idea what's going on, and don't know we can't really hear them, and don't like the fact of the !!!! it's self, being said in chat, as it just seems like everyone is shouting out of rage, not because they have to. although the idea was good, it does have problems, especially with garble spamming the chat.
but, if i were to sum it up fully..I'de prefer mute button rather than this. that way you can mute the spammers, and then the chat wouldnt go up way too fast. or, we could have 2 chats, with a simple tab, 1 for whisper, 1 for normal. or 1 for help chat, help chat being begginners can ask questions, and anyone in that chat, can answer it. similar to what they have in fallen earth.
DanDan333

Minecraft IGN: DanDan333

Postby KittyKatDeath » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:52 am

I'm basically gonna go with what Dan said on the matter. :) I like that idea of chat channels, so people can sort out who there talking to easier. >:)
KittyKatDeath

Postby Zedwick » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:58 pm

My issue with adding chat channels for players is the quiet. It would mean players interact with others outside of their immediate friends group much less. I've noticed this since some of you have started skyping each other, though this is okay as you can still see and reply to messages in the chat. With a chat channel, either you are in a separate channel and see none of the main chat (thus eliminating the spam of other players talking far too much) or you can still see the main chat whilst in your chat channel (thus masking your chat from others, but still being able to follow the main chat and hear other players. Which may reduce the chatter by regular players, leaving only the new players chat seen by all). One option limits the social interaction on the server, and hinders new players' integration into the community; the other doesn't really address the problem of spam from players, though it does add in group chatting for private conversations.

I think the best part of Zedwork is that players will help out newer players, and offer their support to other regular players. I really don't want to limit that happening. I may offer separate chat channels to a donator level, though; their enjoyment is paramount, after all. And because their numbers would be few, it would put a limit on the number of players who could remove themselves from the main chat.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
Zedwick
Guardian

Minecraft IGN: Zedwick

Return to Suggestions/Requests