Protectors

Do you have an idea on how to improve the server? Or have a brilliant idea for an event? Or any other requests? This is the place to voice them.

Protectors

Postby ignite444 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:59 pm

Yes, this is about permanent Protectors rather than just temporary ones. 2 or 3 active people need to be promoted to one. Why? Well, there have been times when I have been on when there are no guardians online, and griefers, mod users, thieves, and all around terribly rude people have been on and can't be taken care of.
ignite444

Re: Protectors

Postby Zedwick » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:27 pm

This is something the temporary position was leading to, I'm also testing out different configurations. The problem with giving players powers and responsibility, is it can get in the way of playing the game and make it more difficult to keep them separated. I don't want to ruin anyones enjoyment of playing survival by giving them a job to do, so I want to find the right balance.

Rest assured, I know there are gaps which need more attention; I'm working on filling the holes :)
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
Zedwick
Guardian

Minecraft IGN: Zedwick

Postby ignite444 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:31 pm

Well, to be honest I enjoyed the job since it kept me busy when I had nothing else to do. And with 2 or 3 Protectors, they could alternate taking turns watching new players or even regulars if need be so that the others can take a break and play survival like normal.
ignite444

Postby Trayoz » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:23 am

Zed I really think it boils down to the fact that those who do abuse the server by modding/hacking/griefing/spamming destroy and ruin the enjoyment of the server for other players when there isn't a guardian no to deal with the problem, there needs to be a player or system implemented to keep order and peace and to enforce the rules by punishing the abusive players. I have been looking and searching around and found a server mod that I will post on the suggestion forum that if implemented would take care of and fix the problem when there isn't a guardian on.
Trayoz

Return to Suggestions/Requests