Ban Appeal:Huntresslove

Here players may contest the decisions of the ban, or provide extra personal accounts of their crimes.

COMPLAINT

Postby Zair » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:39 am

Hello members of Zedwork! I am here today, not to issue an issue (pun intented :lol:), or a bug but a complaint! An extremely outrageous topic. It is on behalf, of Huntresslove. She got banned, posted an appeal, and got ignored! Even after telling Zed, and others, she was still ignored. A good server owner should not be ignoring players, ESPECIALLY if it's a ban appeal. Please, oh please, look at her appeal, and it has been months. Thank you so much!
Zair

Minecraft IGN: Zairr

Ban Appeal:Huntresslove

Postby Huntresslove » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:56 am

Reason: Manipulative and abusive behavior, Grief, advertising."
Hi, I would like to understand Why I was banned, slandered, and why getting a simple appeal took so much time and effort.
In the case of Purtleturtle42 and countless new players who do not have Nearly as many hours played as me, they were able to get an appeal right away. I, on the other hand, had to wait almost a year.
I had to go out of my way and get my friends to contact Zedwick on Twitter in order to get an appeal in the first place.
Furthermore, on the Zedwork council meeting forums, posts were made about me that outright false. They were proven false when CrunchFrostfire told Zedwick that he had stolen from and lied to me. Crunch was banned for his actions. I, however, am still barred from the server despite being vindicated.
Why was it even necessary to even mention me during a council meeting when no player has been discussed publicly like this?
To end on a high note, I would like to Apologize for any harm I may have done and agree never to do the what has been claimed again. Thank you very much for your consideration.

Any Evidence of my claims I will give upon request.
Huntresslove

Minecraft IGN: Huntresslove

Re: COMPLAINT

Postby Forseth » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:18 am

Hmm, well to be fair, Huntresslove is a special case. She did quite a few things that not only offended alot of people, but also damaged the servers credibility. Some players left for good other left only to return later, all because of what she said and did.
Now, in case some of you don't know, when an appeal i posted on the forum, the guardians must first approve the topic. Once it's approved, it can be seen by others and be responded to. So even If we don't see the topic and even If Huntresslove doesn't see her topic, the guardians do.
May the Forseth be with you
Forseth
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: Forseth

Re: Ban Appeal:Huntresslove

Postby Zedwick » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:23 pm

Thank you for making this appeal, Huntress. I'm sorry we did not respond to your previous appeal at the time. I had already spent far too much time dealing with you through the third-parties you presumably kept directing to speak with us in place of making your own appeal, by the time you posted your quite hostile initial appeal I already felt burnt out in dealing with you.

As you well know, it is our policy to only discuss appeals with the banned player themselves here on the forums, never through a third-party. This is a policy we try our best to enforce fairly and evenly as best we can. It has been a running theme that you seemed to consider yourself above the rules, but no exceptions will be made here. Please stop harassing innocent players of Zedwork in order to get your way.

I did mention Touketsu (CrunchFrostFire, as you have named them) in the council meeting in an attempt to amend the slander we allowed from you in a prior meeting. I regret alllowing you to continue to name and shame them in the meeting, regardless if your words were true or otherwise. It was not okay and should have been stopped at the time. I did my best to maintain the focus on restoring Touketsu's good name, rather than on you. Indeed I had players messaging me at the time asking who it was who had said these things, which I declined to reveal.

I did have a conversation with Touketsu, but nothing he had said had any effect on your ban as not his actions nor words directly led to your ban. I will leave it up to him if he chooses to appeal before I go into detail as to why he has been banned, but by my understanding I do not believe it directly relates to you.

There were numerous instances which eventually led to your ban; I am regretful to say I did not ban you sooner. I had been hopeful I could help you to adjust your behaviour to resolve your conflicts, despite your behaviour being damaging and stressful to the other players.

I will try to outline the major instance here, which was not dealt with when it should have been but was eventually taken into account as part of the big picture. I've not looked over the logs in detail in some time, so I apologise if the details are a little sparse.

You had taken a personal disliking to another player for whatever reason, you never did make it clear what your real issue was. I couldn't get a clear answer from others either. You did cite issues other players had with him as a means to excuse your own behaviour towards him, with vague references to his behaviour off-server as means to encourage viewing you as the victim

You wanted to dismantle his build and remove him from the town. We have server rules against griefing, trespassing, stealing in order to protect players' builds and the areas they spend their time on the server. As the players of your town owned their plots and that which they constructed within, you could not dismantle and evict them on a whim. We Guaridans can make a ruling on a case by case basis that a build be dismantled, we usually take various concerns into account (Have they been online recently? Have they built anything substational? How long have they been playing? Did they have permission to build within the town? etc.) Town owners/mayors can help to increase the liklihood of a ruling in their favour when asking to remove builds by adding town rules in place to suggest instances where the residents agree their build may be edited or removed. Your town had no such rule in place at that time, nor when the player moved into the town. You were encouraged to make a new rule, and ensure all existing residents were aware of this new rule and allowed time and opportunity to speak out against it. If I recall correctly, you were told you had to wait a few weeks before the new rule could come into effect for the existing residents and their plots.

I'm sure you can recall how very unhappy you were with these protections for our players builds, and fought with us as you believed you should be allowed to enforce any of your whims in your own town. The player had not been playing on the server, so you were just waiting until the time period where he could veto the new rules ended so you could finally take down his build.

He logged onto the server. In a panic, as you knew this meant you may never be able to dismantle his build, you spoke to a Zriend (possibly two) looking to get some form of permission to remove the build. I believe the answer you got was along the lines of "Yeah, you can if you get permission from a Guardian first". This seemed to be just enough justification for you to do as you please whilst claiming you "misunderstood" and pass the blame on to the Zriends, despite knowing you needed Guardians permission and already knew our ruling on the matter. But the player was online, so you felt you had to move quickly... You griefed their plot by dismantling everything in it. This was clear grounds for a ban, but I instead spoke to you and encouraged you to rebuild their plot as it was. You put it back, under protest. Claiming you "didn't know how it was" I don't think you ever rebuilt it properly, leaving his plot fairly empty.

We tried our best to help you to resolve the conflict, but unfortunately you did not offer much in the way of cooperation. Even when you agreed to that which was required of you, you then went behind our backs to do the opposite whilst trying to absolve yourself of any reprecussions for your actions in order to get your own way.

For the above reason, alongside your repeated flouting of the rules in our attempts to help you both pre and post ban, we are rather apprehensive to welcome you back into our community.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
Zedwick
Guardian

Minecraft IGN: Zedwick

Postby Huntresslove » Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:00 pm

It has been 5 years is there any Chance of an Appeal.
Huntresslove

Postby Zedwick » Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:10 pm

No.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
Zedwick
Guardian

Postby Huntresslove » Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:56 pm

May i request that my builds get rollback.
Huntresslove

Postby Zedwick » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:27 pm

No. Once a player is banned on Zedwork, they relinquish all control over the areas they had claimed on the server. They are usually left as-is, or control eventually handed over to other players when appropriate.

As you do not own those areas, you also may not give others permission to edit those builds nor take items. Please do not attempt to ask others to modify them, nor give them away.
Zedwick
Guardian

Return to Records of The Ban Hammer