Ban

Here players may contest the decisions of the ban, or provide extra personal accounts of their crimes.

Ban

Postby Tjob » Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:43 pm

Hello there,
As you probably know, I've been a resident player on the Zedwork LVS server since 2015. When I attempted to log on today, I got a message saying I was banned for thievery. This I do not understand, since I have not stolen a single item.
As per such, I'm just seeking to further understand the reasoning behind my ban.

Best regards,
Tjob
Tjob

Minecraft IGN: Tjob

Re: Ban

Postby Zedwick » Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:27 pm

You recently took 5 netherite scrap from another player's furnace in the nether.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
Zedwick
Guardian

Minecraft IGN: Zedwick

Postby Tjob » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:05 pm

Hi again,
I must have confused the Netherite Scraps as being my own. I realized this as soon as I saw Lilweeph's forum post, that those Netherite scraps were not my own. As I replied to his/her post, I too was mining for Netherite in the area for hours.
I'm truly sorry for this huge mistake of mine. It was never my intention to scare Lilweeph like this, I do after all know what a pain it is to gather the Ancient Debris in the first place... I also want to apologize for wasting everyone's time like this. If I had known that the scraps were not my own, I obviously would not have taken them. I hope that this explanation makes sense (since English is not my first language after all).
Tonight I will also take the time to write an apology to Lilweeph, and if possible, deliver the netherite back to them.

Best regards,
Tjob
Tjob

Minecraft IGN: Tjob

Postby Zedwick » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:48 pm

That's an unfortunate mistake to make!

It's still somewhat suspicious that the furnace you took it from, surrounded by chests built into a small enclosed room, could be mistaken for your own. I wouldn't want to punish you for an honest mistake, so I took some time to look into your mining activity to at-least confirm the rest of your story. You are indeed quite the miner! You've mined a fair bit of debris, even managing to mine 58 ancient debris in a little more than 55 minutes. Very impressive!

I'm sure you're now realising just what I've discovered; you've been xraying for (at-least) ancient debris. Though it does seem you have covered over most of your short tunnels into the walls of the large area lilweeph has been mining into, there are still some of the telltale xray-precise mining tunnels into hidden debris deposits behind the netherrack. Not only have you cheated to gain debris for yourself, lilweeph has also now mined into the area where you took some of the debris from, meaning you've also taken that debris away from them. It is yet unclear how much of the rest of the debris lilweeph would have eventually uncovered had you not cheated to strip it from their area of excavation.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
Zedwick
Guardian

Minecraft IGN: Zedwick

Return to Records of The Ban Hammer