Banned for Spam?!

Here players may contest the decisions of the ban, or provide extra personal accounts of their crimes.

Banned for Spam?!

Postby BldElfPrince » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:10 pm

I have been trying to get on zedworks for days now and every time it says spam. I thought it was a mess up with the server so i told one of my friends and he said that means im banned. How did I get banned for something i didnt do?! The last time I was on everything was normal and now its not. Whats going on?!
BldElfPrince

Re: Banned for Spam?!

Postby FellAngel » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:23 am

I'll look into it Bld.
FellAngel

Postby Zedwick » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:09 am

Moved to the correct forum.

You have been banned for leaving a message on the server to redirect players to another server. This is, as you know, not allowed and counted as 'advertising'.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
Zedwick
Guardian

Minecraft IGN: Zedwick

Postby BldElfPrince » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:00 pm

I never did this!! I left a message to chester where only chester goes telling him what was going on!! I wasnt even trying to get him on the new server! The letter was, and I quote, "Chester, I know its useless to try and convince you because of skyisland but Iggy, Akos, Ruby, Tray, Kat, Dan, Shin, some other regulars, and I are going to a new server. We are sick of all the problems here. If you are interested message me on skype and I will send you the Ip." How is that advertising!?! I left it for one person and I never even gave that person the ip! Who do you think I am, an idiot?!
BldElfPrince

Postby BldElfPrince » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:06 pm

Zedwick wrote:Moved to the correct forum.

You have been banned for leaving a message on the server to redirect players to another server. This is, as you know, not allowed and counted as 'advertising'.

I left a message for a chester on his island to get in contact with only him. I started the letter with his name even. I did not redirect players and I did not have the ip on it. I didnt know that was counted as advertising. I was trying to contact only him and no one else since he is in the group. If I was advetising I would place it everywhere. I only placed signs in two places. One in his exp farm telling him to read the sign on his island. He was training at the xp farm so it would only make sense. I cant belive you guys would misunderstand me in this way. I thought you guys were my friends so I am very hurt by this betrayal. Personally I DONT want people coming to the new server. I like it being a small group. I dont want people coming on and messing stuff up and making problems. If i was advertising I would be like Heniz advertising their ketchup and post it everywhere on giant billboards. Plus Invalid comes on our server all the time to talk about zedworks like unclaiming our stuff and to convince us to come back. I never dreamed of banning her and neither does anyone else as she is a friend. I feel hurt and sad that you would think so low of me as to miss understand a letter I sent to a friend.
BldElfPrince

Postby chester1525 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:42 pm

I would agree with prince in the fact that the signs were only designated for me and me alone. she did make a mistake to try and contact me on your server to possibly join a different server, if you can find it in your heart zed please let her be unbanned. Also, prince understand that such delicate situations as this should be talked outside of minecraft, such as using skype XD. On another note Prince, you might of hurt Zeds feelings for asking me to join you on a new server, just letting you know.
chester1525
Zesty

Minecraft IGN: chester1525

Postby Zedwick » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:21 am

Redirecting any number of players to other servers is frowned upon. I don't really understand why you didn't just leave him a message on skype, though.

Invalid has been banned on that server, twice! ;) Once for logging on, not entirely clear on the reasons for the other...

You may come back, the ban served its purpose to force a discussion. In all likelihood, with your new server, I wouldn't have been on at the same time as you to talk to you about it. If you cared enough to post here, then we got to have our talk :) Just understand, the no spam/advertising rule is in place to prevent players suggesting other servers, and thus directing the player base off of Zedwork. It's both to stop the beloved regulars from being coerced off the server, and to prevent them being annoyed by anyone trying to get them to do what they do not want to do. Also prevents abuse and hijacking of accounts via software masquerading as a server. To make rules effective, there cannot be exceptions. Though no IP was left, it still pushes for a player to leave the server for another.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
Zedwick
Guardian

Minecraft IGN: Zedwick

Return to Records of The Ban Hammer