(LVS) "How did we get here?" Progress and Concerns

Do you have an idea on how to improve the server? Or have a brilliant idea for an event? Or any other requests? This is the place to voice them.

(LVS) "How did we get here?" Progress and Concerns

Postby ABParadigm » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:01 am

After re-reading the council meeting notes from previous meetings, I figured asking the Zriends and Guardians may be in order about the shulker's aviailability in the main end island. I also wish to point out that the shulker transportation (for the top advancement) is requiring heavier load than I anticipated, both mentally and physically, for one person. Hence, this has severely delayed the project. I should also point out that the flying machine has to be driven out manually, which means every block (five blocks, considering the width of the highway is 5 blocks wide)(this end city is at 10,700) has to be driven out individually by a flint and steel.

That being said, the notes (listed below) address a topic put about end building, and not allowing them on the main end island.

I know this is a personal plight I will be extending to all other members of the community, however I realized that the shulker cannot be transported through an end gateway (portal is fine, but must be broken to be able to do so, and also may count as a "bug").

Is it possible for me to allow the usage of the shulker at the main island? This includes the movement of the machine past the main-island to outer-island gap, with the later removal of the path to get the shulker there. I would be setting it inside of a transparent-block structure off the main island, not at the island.

I also would like to mention that the elder guardian likely would not be placed into the end, per it's hitbox and suffocation concerns, however if that is also approved and helped by a Zriend I have an elder guardian I am prepared to transport (the effects of the elder guardian will diminish once 50 blocks away, so it will not be of major concern taking him into the end if it is at least that far away from the main island)

If this is turned town, I of course will later jerry-rig something up past the gateway, but the elder guardian's effects may later be gone by then and the wither skeleton will have to be also taken into the end to do this, although the wither skeleton is less taxing than the other two mobs, and doesn't even need a boat or minecart as long as you don't thorn him to death.

Meeting notes: https://zedwork.co.uk/wiki/Zedling_Coun ... ding_rules
Last edited by ABParadigm on Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Not the brightest bulb in the box... but at least I'm not the broken bulb.
ABParadigm
Zriend

Minecraft IGN: ABParadigm

Re: (LVS) "How did we get here?" Progress and Concerns

Postby The1Shaw » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:36 pm

I realized that the shulker cannot be transported through an end gateway (portal is fine, but must be broken to be able to do so, and also may count as a "bug").

I'm not sure what bug you may be talking about but Dogzack123 and myself were able to transport a Shulker through an end gateway back to the main island, tho it was difficult.
The1Shaw

Minecraft IGN: The1Shaw

Postby ABParadigm » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:29 am

I'm not sure how you successfully achieved this, I used a few ways to do it including pistons, pistons with blocks, pistons with transparent blocks, boating it into the gateway, minecarting it into the gateway, and letting it teleport in. I had placed a 32x32x32 transparent blocks cube around the location to teleport it, and I could not successfully get it through the gateway itself. Upon further research, I found out that (mostly via an Xisumavoid video) that it was not possible to send it through the gateway itself, but you could get it through the end portal back to the overworld by breaking the water with a few carefully placed dispensers. I wasted about three days straight in the end troubleshoot in creative and on LVS trying to get it through the gateway. That being said, it is incredibly possible it is an issue between servers, although as unlikely as it seems.

I would like to know how you did this; although I have done a lot of work already I would gladly work on another city nearby a gateway if I could help it.

ABParadigm
Zriend

Postby FunkyTechnician » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:32 am

Watch Xisuma's more recent Hermitcraft/advancement tutorial - he shows how you can do it using water to break the portal blocks. I'm assuming this would get regenerated from the end dragon anyway.

It's ultimately up to Zed to define it as a bug or not. To me, it could be a bug that it doesn't go through, and the breaking of portal blocks could be the solution.

I mean, how else does mojang expect one to get that advancement?! I guess you could start with the shulker at the end then set your bed next to the rest of the effect stuff?
Last edited by FunkyTechnician on Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
See a need, fill a need.

FunkyTechnician

Minecraft IGN: FunkyTechnician

Postby ABParadigm » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:45 pm

Yes Funky, I did see that one; I also know that even the torches are regenerated on the portal after a dragon fight, therefore I am led to assume this is also true with the the overworld/end portal blocks. That is why I said the portal is alright to take him through, if the breaking of it is not ruled as a bug. The confusion is where Shaw is saying he got the shulker through the end gateway, one of the small, block-shaped portals surrounded by a small pyramid of bedrock that is in the far-away badlands of the end. If they were able to get a shulker through one of the gateways, it would save a lot of time for me using the same technique, but I was unable to get a shulker to teleport through.

I would also like to point out any "conditioning" of land in the end used to transport the shulker would be promptly removed, and following the breaking of the portal, I would also resummon a dragon and fight it to respawn said portal to its former glory. This is of course if Zedwick agrees the portal-breaking is not a bug.

ABParadigm
Zriend

Postby Dax23333 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:58 pm

If you need to transport mobs through the hubs I would be happy to help with this, for example getting an elder guardian into the end. They really are not too awful to move, as long as you're careful not to let them suffocate themseves by driving thier cart into a wall. it is made especially easy by thier bouncing around, for short distances you don't even need a cart. You'll have to modify the end spawn in area a bit to get it out of there, I see no issue with this as long as you put it back once you've done.

Would probably be best to have the building for this just off the main island away from the ender farm and prefereably spawn proof anyway. I seem to remember the rule about not building in the void came about at least in part due to dodgey bridges stealing spawns from the ender farm.
Dax23333
Zriend

Minecraft IGN: Dax23333

Postby ABParadigm » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:25 pm

Thank you very much Dax, I was hoping to get confirmation by a blue and/or green on this matter. I was indeed planning to use glass with one block for the shulker to sit on, with mostly slabs as the floor. I was actually trying to block enderman spawns when doing this as it would become a major pain when actually going for the achievement. As for the elder guardian, if you will indeed assist with its transportation (which will help a TREMENDOUS amount) I have one sitting at my old base that (after some light tunnel modification) can be sent to the extreme hills hub. I would enjoy your input on this matter, especially considering the sizes and blocking off of certain nether portals.

I would also like to point out that if the ender dragon is respawned, although doing no damage to surrounding blocks, I would need to keep the mobs a fairly safe distance away to ensure them not being hit by the ender dragon. I suppose I could extend the achievement-mob area to the back of the island, near the entrance to the end farm, to one side, likely built off into the nearby void.

Thank you again for your input, everyone. :D

ABParadigm
Zriend

Postby Dax23333 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:33 pm

It would almost certainly be easier not to use the main stronghold to get it into the end. That area is a mess of portals and nether tunnels, would be a bit of a pain. Comparitivly, throwing an elder guardian into a specially modified stronghold in the middle of nowhere would be much easier. I actually have a stronghold with an elder guardian freindly tunnel going all the way from near swamp warp to the portal into stronghold which spits you out just outside the end portal room. In addition, there is a very long tunnel going all the way from the stronghold near Morbraigh to Homi's base. It was made to transport elder guardians, and could be used again. I think it goes from one side of spawn to the other, around the middle mess of tunnels and so likely could be connected to from relitivly near to you.
Dax23333
Zriend

Minecraft IGN: Dax23333

Postby ABParadigm » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:38 pm

That sounds perfect, I will wire you the coordinates and nether portal of the elder guardian in question in a PM in a few minutes and we can further discuss its transportation.

ABParadigm
Zriend

Postby The1Shaw » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:13 pm

I went back to the portal to take screen shots but can't figure how to post them here.
The1Shaw

Minecraft IGN: The1Shaw

Next

Return to Suggestions/Requests